Crane Currency, a subsidiary of Crane Co. (NYSE:CR), is a global leader and an innovative force in substrate, print and technology. As the largest banknote substrate-maker in the world, Crane’s spirit of innovation and product development has won international acclaim.
The Company is a fully integrated supplier of banknotes for more than 50 central banks from all over the world and has $500 million in annual sales. A global company with a history of over 200 years in the U.S. and Sweden; with more than 1,200 employees the business continues to grow through organic expansion, acquisitions and joint ventures with strategic partners. The newest banknote facility opened in 2017 in Malta.
Crane Currency is a stand-alone business within the Payment & Merchandising Technologies segment of Crane Co. It is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations in Dalton, Massachusetts; Nashua, New Hampshire; Alpharetta, Georgia; Tumba, Sweden and Hal Far, Malta.
The position exists to support the IT Network Infrastructure items across a global environment. These functionalities must be standardized and maintained across the business to improve current services and allow flexibility for future services.
- Implement company Information Security strategy with support from internal teams
- Advise on projects delivering business solutions that impact information security risks and relevant compliance certifications
- Help define the information security architectures of future initiatives
- Develop companywide communications, training for employee Security awareness
50% Sustain …
- Be responsible for the information security incident response process, by ensuring all incidents are managed to resolution and reported on appropriately
- Participate in security projects from inception to implementation and provide post project support
- Provide subject matter expertise and full lifecycle management for installed security base
- Provide expert level (tier 3) support for installed security applications
- Coach IT Infrastructure and Support teams on the different security platforms in place to improve their skill set and responsiveness
- Help educate and provide end user awareness through targeted programs throughout Crane Currency
- Validate information security defenses by performing testing across Crane Currency infrastructure
- Manage multiple work streams on information security projects as well as providing operational support
- Provide total security oversight from perimeter security to endpoint protection solutions
- Perform threat/risk assessments and deliver high level information reports for IT management
- Multiple tasks including Projects, patching, incidents, Ticket resolution.
Knowledge (Education/Training) or equivalent:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent qualification in IT
• Minimum of 6 months-3 years of experience in similar Information Security role
- 1-2 years plus experience gained in IT infrastructure support roles is highly relevant for this role
- CISSP Certification
- Other Security Certifications
- Ability to work flexible schedules including availability outside of normal working hours
- Flexibility and ability to travel
- Knowledge of data privacy regulations is a plus
- Up to 10% travel may be required, both domestic and international
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Operational Technology experience, training or certification
- Experience with Carbon Black, Beyond Trust, FireEye Web, Ivanti(Shavlik), Umbrella/OpenDNS, FireSight, Rapid7, Safenet, Proofpoint, Sophos and Symantec will be helpful.
Technical and other Experience, Skills and Characteristics (e.g. statistical analysis, project management, initiative):
- Proven ability in information security principles, latest industry awareness and current knowledge
- Firm working knowledge of firewall technologies, creating rule sets, policies and procedures
- Experience supporting OT, Production and manufacturing equipment will be helpful
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking principles including sub netting, LAN/WAN technologies
- Proficient knowledge of generating and administering web-based security certificates, internal/external DNS records and other security features necessary for Internet facing systems
- Proficient knowledge of IAM/Microsoft Active Directory key security features including GPOs, ACLs
- Awareness of Microsoft operating systems including patching and vulnerability assessment, knowledge of Linux/UNIX based systems is an advantage
- Proficiency in programming languages or PowerShell scripting welcomed
- Experience of working in an ITIL focused support organization with incident/request tickets
- Thorough follow-up and escalation as required on all business issues is essential
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills (written and oral)
- Able to manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure
- Ability to learn new concepts, hardware and technologies quickly
- Easily able to execute on open projects and adjust to priority shifts.
- Very good analytical skills, logical thinking, diagramming capability
Crane prizes its people as the most valuable asset and is committed to hiring and retaining the best talent in the industry. We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Crane Currency is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.