Co-Op – Research & Development - January 2022
CRANE Currency in Dalton, MA is seeking a Co-Op. This is full-time position that allows you to gain the practical work experience and also gives you an opportunity to use your college learnings in the real world. If you are selected you will be working with our R&D team, supporting the development and deployment of inspection and measurement systems used for trials and new product development. This is a great opportunity to learn from senior scientists/technologists and engineers who are part of the creative backbone of our innovative products. Gain exciting real-world experience from a strong organization with a firm commitment to innovation and a culture of collaboration.
· Able to research ideas as provided by other Associates.
· Assist in developing and deploying software and hardware solutions to be used for both R&D and Manufacturing processes.
· Develop and test lab-scale concept systems.
· Gather and compile data, generate reports
· With guidance, develop an awareness of security paper making processes and products, and the systems needed to support them.
· Pursing a Bachelor’s Degree in, Imaging Science, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
· 2-3 years of College course work
· Systematic approach to conceptual development and testing with strong analytical ability to review and validate results.
· Experience programming in C# and with statistical analysis software.
· Team player & ability to collaborate
· Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing
· Ability to work under minimal direction
SUSTABILITY AND BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION REQUIREMENTS: The final offer of employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by Crane and our U.S. Government Agency customers is very thorough. Therefore it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education, finances, illegal drug use, and/or other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determination.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace