Crane Currency, a subsidiary of Crane Co. (NYSE:CR), is a global leader and an innovative force in substrate, print and technology. As the largest banknote substrate-maker in the world, Crane’s spirit of innovation and product development has won international acclaim.
The Company is a fully integrated supplier of banknotes for more than 50 central banks from all over the world and has $500 million in annual sales. A global company with a history of over 200 years in the U.S. and Sweden; with more than 1,200 employees the business continues to grow through organic expansion, acquisitions and joint ventures with strategic partners. The newest banknote facility opened in 2017 in Malta.
Crane Currency is a stand-alone business within the Payment & Merchandising Technologies segment of Crane Co. It is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations in Dalton, Massachusetts; Nashua, New Hampshire; Alpharetta, Georgia; Tumba, Sweden and Hal Far, Malta.
As a Bid Manager, you are responsible for processing tenders and qualifications in a manner that is most advantageous for Crane Currency. You will be working with sales, legal, design, security and operations team to ensure we are always submitting bids that are compliant and put Crane Currency in the best possible light as a business partner going forward.This involves leveraging different parts of our business, and also being creative at how we can put our best foot forward.
- Work with Sales Directors, Legal, Design, Finance, Secuurity and Operations to ensure that our bids are compliant with customer requirements and our capacity and capability.
- Submit the bids in a professional and timely manner using the appropriate marketing tools and proactively requesting new tools where gaps exist.
- Work closely with finance to ensure cost caluations are accurate and reflect the work we can effectively deliver
- Ensuring all tender information is clear and cost information understood
- Manage transition of successful bids to Contract Managers
- Continuously update electronic systems such as our sales tool to ensure we act collectively and strategically across the sales channels based on previous submissions and agreements
- Provide written or verbal translation of specifications as required
- It is the employee's responsibility to comply with the Company's safety policies, ensuring that all personal protective equipment is in place and that good judgment and care are exercised to prevent accidents and personal injury.
The above list is not exhaustive. You will be required to undertake other duties according to the needs of the Company.
- Academic degree in business administration or more than 5 years’ experience in relevant areas.
- Documented experience of ability to coordinate informal teams.
- Fluent in English (corporate languages) and in Spanish or French
- Ability to document, write and do general layouts of sales communication
- The ideal candidate should be organized and must have an eye for details
- Ability to work with 2 - 4 bids simultaneously
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, ERP Systems, CRM Systems, Workgroup database workflows)
- Exhibit a positive attitude and initiative.
- Must have motivation and interpersonal skills.
- Have a respectable work history with minimal attendance and lateness issues.
- Understand the principles and comply with practice of Lean Manufacturing, 5S Methodology and Continuous Improvement.
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all Company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to Environment Health and Safety, ethics and codes of conduct.
Crane prizes its people as the most valuable asset and is committed to hiring and retaining the best talent in the industry. We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Crane Currency is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.