Position Summary for Banknote Designer
Position requires approx. 5 years of experience in banknote design field with demonstrated excellence in quality of graphic arts work and to work productively within a team and independently towards completed designs within project deadlines.
- Creation of graphic design elements having high aesthetic and functional characteristics.
- To lead and execute design, from Idea and research to full Detail Design and final proof, of Crane Currency security and graphic products in a way that fulfils aesthetic, security, production and quality requirements.
- To contribute design knowledge towards security and graphic products encompassing aesthetic, security and productivity so as to maximize the commercial value of product offerings.
- Pursue ongoing learning, both structured and self-initiated on the company’s advancements in security printing and micro-optic design and its principles.
- Ensure good working relationships with team members and suppliers and other relevant parties so that Crane Currency’s image and interests are protected and advanced.
- Be informed about and follow current Crane policies, routines and instructions to secure internal and external demands.
- Secure compliance with corporate policies, US FCPA and all relevant national laws. It is the employee’s responsibility to comply with the Company’s safety policies, ensuring that all personal protective equipment is in place and that good judgment and care are exercised to prevent accidents and personal injury.
- The above list is not complete. You will be required to undertake other duties to support the needs of the Company.
- ~ 5 years working experience in banknote design field in Banknote Design.
- Experience in Security Software used in Banknote Industry.
- 3-5 year education (university level) within arts & crafts and graphic design, fine art, architecture or product design.
- English fluent.
- Must have motivation to pursue high quality results and strong interpersonal skills.
- Understand the principles and comply with practice of Lean Manufacturing, 5S Methodology and Continuous Improvement.
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all Company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to Environment Health and Safety, ethics and codes of conduct.
- Strong knowledge in executing Banknote design in Adobe or/and Security Software.
- Strong drawing skills.
- Typography skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Banknote Design print methods and tolerances.
- Advance knowledge in Security features and creation of functional design layouts.
- Strong, demonstrable creative and aesthetic abilities and graphic design skill.
- Strong track record of team work and handling multiple work streams simultaneously and in accordance with deadlines.
With us at Crane Currency, there are good opportunities to develop in an exciting and international industry that is constantly evolving. Crane Currency is part of Crane Co which is a multinational company in a technology-intensive industry with several sites in the world. To our employees, we offer benefits that promote health and facilitate everyday life, as well as colleagues from all corners of the world.
Our guiding principle is to work with continuous improvement.