Crane Currency is seeking a Commercial Director that will lead a multi-national team of contract managers, negotiate agreements with customers and business partners and oversee the execution of contracts to ensure that they are completed to quality, on time, and at the expected financial margin. Clear communication with clients and flawless contract execution are central the excellent reputation that Crane Currency has built in the market – and are key to delivering follow on contracts and future growth.
The Contracts Management team have detailed knowledge of the business, high levels of motivation and commercial, communication and negotiation skills – all working within a well-defined process. Contract Managers are the ‘deal architects’ who work with customers, key delivery partners, and a range of internal stakeholders (esp. sales team) to negotiate and execute contracts, managing the whole process from contract award to delivery completion and lessons learnt.
The Commercial Director must be capable of developing a strong technical, contractual, financial, and commercial perspective on our business, to support the sales and product management team in developing the right commercial relationships necessary to grow the business.
This Director is Responsible for:
- Communication : Strong customer communication, relationship development and persuasion/presentation skills. Ability to deal tactfully with complex customer environment.
- Negotiation : Lead complex contract negotiations with customers, creating negotiation plans and delivering win-win solutions for Crane Currency and our clients.
- Contract Mgt : Development of suitable contract models and reviewing detailed contracts, for which a legal and/or business background would be an advantage.
- Delivery : Project delivery and finding solutions that improve client satisfaction and contract profitability as well as facilitating shipping, invoicing, and cash collection.
- Risk Management : Development of Risks & Opportunities registers for each project and mitigation plans to improve financial performance on each project.
- Leadership : Set team goals that are aligned to the strategic business plan and set and manage objectives for contract managers.
- Problem Solving : Work with colleagues in sales/product management etc. to resolve customer questions, requests and/or complaints , leading the process of responding to the customer in a timely manner.
- Customer Satisfaction : Leadership of the process to garner and respond to customer feedback
- Safety & Security : As a member of the leadership team of Crane Currency, to provide leadership on safety and security, as we constantly seek to reduce risk across the business.
- You will be required to undertake other duties to support the needs of the Company.
- Relevant Degree & more than 5 years´ experience in commercial / contract management roles.
- Experience in dealing with negotiating contract terms, ideally with government organizations
- Proven management competence, especially in motivating & developing teams based remotely.
- Fluent in English. Additional languages are an advantage.
- Documented ability of high-level written communication & customer communication.
- Travel to Crane sites in USA/Sweden/Malta and to international customers as required.
- Prefer a legal qualification and/or MBA.
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all Company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to Environment Health and Safety, ethics and codes of conduct.
- All applicants must be United States Citizens, able to demonstrate suitability for a Position of Public Trust
- Experience in leading cross functional teams and setting/resolving team/individual priorities.
- Organized, analytical, clear decision making and plans activities in advance.
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to identify financial opportunities that supports company profitability on orders.
- Able to work under pressure, juggling multiple contracts/projects/issues at the same time.
- Well-travelled and confident in multi-cultural environment.
- Exhibit a positive attitude and initiative.
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in Security Paper/Print and Security Tech not required, but would be an advantage
Crane offers competitive pay, world class benefits, 401k match, a bonus program and much more. Don’t miss out, apply now at www.CareersAtCrane.com
SUITABILITY AND BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION REQUIREMENTS: The final offer of employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by Crane and our U.S. Government Agency customers is very thorough. Therefore it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education, finances, illegal drug use, and/or other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determination.
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace
Crane Currency is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.