Crane Currency is a strong organization with a firm commitment to collaboration and growth. We invite you to join us for a fulfilling career opportunity as Continuous Improvement Manager.
The Crane Business Systems Manager will drive significant improvements to our processes from receipt of order through, planning, supply chain (internal & external), manufacturing and distribution. This position will lead continuous improvement projects working with existing functions and leading analysis and implementation of changes to impact issues affecting the site’s ability to supply high-quality products to our customers as required. Coordination of initiatives for the site aligning the Crane Business System philosophy into day-to-day operational excellence. Using the Crane Business Model and Kaizen events, as part of the agreed roadmap, this role will be critical in driving changes and getting results that align with company goals and strategy. Kaizen events will be identified for inclusion in the plan as a potential means of refining the implantation processes.
Responsibilities Include :
- Promote and lead the Crane Business Model by driving improvements to our processes throughout the organization
- Work with the management team to identify a clear Kaizen Road map linked to our strategic development plans and facilitate Kaizen Events to ensure improvements are followed through, presented and reported using the Crane Co. global metrics
- Support the Senior Management Team in driving and developing a lean manufacturing culture by using Kaizan tools, including SMED, Standard Work and Value Stream Mapping. Facilitate events accordingly.
- Support the need for additional tool champions in the organization and help associates in achieving certifications accordingly.
- Actively support the culture change towards Continuous Improvement by training, developing, implementing and maintaining improvement processes using Operational Excellence tools
- Identify productivity savings at the site leading to year over year cost benefits.
- Develop a funnel of savings from people, materials and other to ensure adequate savings opportunities are identified and can be activated when needed.
- Report out on progress of identified projects including mitigation plans to address any savings gaps.
- Support the identification of capital expenditures as needed.
- Support the development of new products
- Emphasize and set up use of visual KanBans/buffers etc. for replenishment.
- Training and development of the team and individuals to achieve departmental flexibility and multi-skilling
- Ensure efficiency levels meet or exceed budget levels and targets
- BS Engineering or Operations Management. BS Chemical engineering and Black Belt desired.
- Minimum 10 years continuous improvement experience preferably in manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams with a minimum 5-year continuous improvement leadership from a technical & operational perspective.
- Proven ability to lead others in use of problem-solving methodology and rigor
- Demonstrated success in process improvement: reduction in waste/cost; improvement in control.
- Experience in process control, troubleshooting & refinement in continuous manufacturing environment
- Strong practical knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma techniques, with a particular fluency in TPS methods and approach
- Able to demonstrate a ‘hands-on’ commitment to achieving aims with the Lean toolkit
- Have held at least middle management level responsibility in a manufacturing operation
- Accomplished self-starter, independent with good multitasking capability.
- Strong data generation, management and identification skills, with a desire to solve problem
- Travel to other Crane sites 10-20%
- Strong leadership skills in a matrixed environment
- Strong program and project management skills
- Strong change management skills
- Skilled with computer programs, statistical analysis and data analysis and reporting
- Requires high energy and a willingness to make process improvements based on data and investigation
- Ability to analyze but not get lost in the detail of the data
- Willing to get their hands dirty in terms of preparing spreadsheets, standard work and working alongside the local planners, production engineers and operations
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens and will need to demonstrate Suitability for employment in a Position of Public Trust consistent with our U.S. Government contract requirements
Crane offers competitive pay, world class benefits, 401k match, a bonus program and much more. Don’t miss out, apply now at www.CareersAtCrane.com
All applicants must be a United States citizen. SUITABILITY AND BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION REQUIREMENTS: The final offer of employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by Crane and our U.S. Government Agency customers is very thorough. Therefore it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education, finances, illegal drug use, and/or other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determination.
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace
Crane Currency is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.