Crane Currency, a subsidiary of Crane Co. (NYSE:CR), is a global leader and an innovative force in substrate, print and technology. As the largest banknote substrate-maker in the world, Crane’s spirit of innovation and product development has won international acclaim.
The Company is a fully integrated supplier of banknotes for more than 50 central banks from all over the world and has $500 million in annual sales. A global company with a history of over 200 years in the U.S. and Sweden; with more than 1,200 employees the business continues to grow through organic expansion, acquisitions and joint ventures with strategic partners. The newest banknote facility opened in 2017 in Malta.
Crane Currency is a stand-alone business within the Payment & Merchandising Technologies segment of Crane Co. It is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations in Dalton, Massachusetts; Nashua, New Hampshire; Alpharetta, Georgia; Tumba, Sweden and Hal Far, Malta.
Leadership is Currency at Crane
The Contract Manager is responsible for key customer contracts from order to delivery and any following concerns (with involvement of the Regional Sales Director). The role ensures that the contract fulfillment is performed to the standards of operational excellence: on quality, on volume, on time. As such this role will develop both a technical and commercial perspective on our business for the successful candidate.
The Contract Manager is responsible for customer communications (involving the Sales Directors) once the order is secured, and has the responsibility and accountability to ensure that all components of the value stream are delivered as expected with the support needed. Successful contract execution will be key to new sales contracts.
- Work in team with Bid Managers, Supply Chain, Finance and Production on processing contracts. This includes finding solutions that improve both client satisfaction and order profitability as well as facilitating shipping, invoicing and cash collection.
- In team with Production to ensure that correct specifications are applied and that all quality decisions are based on facts. Accountable for giving context to Operations to make educated decisions on quality.
- Manage and guide all stakeholders within Crane to deliver on customer contractual expectations.
- Responsible to facilitate process to customer complaints and respond to the customer in a timely manner.
- Manage closing of order/contract from a client perspective together with Production and Finance.
- Manage processes for contract documentation to ensure high visibility into historical orders.
- Manage processes for order/contract catalogues to ensure high visibility into the products and their context for Operations.
- Reviewing, negotiating and ensuring full compliance with the terms and conditions in contracts.
- Seeking authorization for pre contract purchases (when required).
- Implementation of the Order Management Process and coordination of the Toll Gate review process.
- Creation and overall management of the Risks and Opportunity Matrix.
- Driving Margin Improvements.
- Creation and management of a detailed Project Schedule.
- On-time delivery of all value stream components.
- Documenting and seeking authorization on any changes or amendments that may arise during implementation or execution.
- Achieving targets set in the KPI bowling chart.
- It is the employee’s responsibility to comply with the Company’s safety policies, ensuring that all personal protective equipment is in place and that good judgment and care are exercised to prevent accidents and personal injury.
- The above list is not complete. You will be required to undertake other duties to support the needs of the Company.
- Academic degree or more than 2 years´ relevant experience in project/contract management.
- Documented experience working in the banknote paper industry.
- Documented experience of ability to lead/supervise teams.
- Fluent in English (company standard language). Proficiency in Spanish or French valuable.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Project, MS Office, ERP systems, CRM systems, Workgroup database workflows).
- Documented ability to communicate effectively, with clarity and concision.
- Decisive, executive and strong sense of responsibility. Informal leadership to lead cross functional teams.
- Well-travelled and confident in situations outside Malta site.
- Able to work under pressure with multiple contracts.
- Experience of working with LEAN and continuous improvement.
- Must exhibit a positive attitude and initiative.
- Must be motivated with strong interpersonal skills.
- Have a respectable work history with minimal attendance and lateness issues.
- Understand the principles and comply with practice of Lean Manufacturing, 5S Methodology and Continuous Improvement.
- Must comply with all Company core values, guidelines and policies, including those relating to Environment Health and Safety, Ethics and Code of conduct.
Crane prizes its people as the most valuable asset, and is committed to hiring and retaining the best talent in the industry. We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Crane Currency is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.