We are looking for a Banknote Designer to join our Design Team in Crane Currency Tumba.
The position requires a minimum of 3 years of experience in banknote design field with demonstrated excellence in quality of graphic arts work and to work productively within a team and independently towards completed designs within project deadlines.
- Creation of graphic design elements having high aesthetic and functional characteristics
- To lead and execute design, from idea and research to full Detail Design and final proof, of Crane Currency security and graphic products in a way that fulfils aesthetic, security, production and quality requirements.
- To contribute design knowledge towards security and graphic products encompassing aesthetic, security and productivity so as to maximize the commercial value of product offerings.
- Pursue ongoing learning, both structured and self-initiated on the company’s advancements in security printing and micro-optic design and its principles.
- Support and Create printed and digital material for Design Presentations and Detail Designs.
- Ensure good working relationships with team members and suppliers and other relevant parties so that Crane Currency’s image and interests are protected and advanced.
- Be informed about and follow current Crane policies, routines and instructions to secure internal and external demands.
- Secure compliance with corporate policies, US FCPA and all relevant national laws. It is the employee’s responsibility to comply with the Company’s safety policies, ensuring that all personal protective equipment is in place and that good judgment and care are exercised to prevent accidents and personal injury.
- The above list is not complete. You will be required to undertake other duties to support the needs of the Company.
- 3 years working experience in banknote design field in Concept & Detail Design/Origination.
- Experience in Security Software used in Banknote Industry.
- 3-5 year education (university level) within arts & crafts and graphic design.
- English fluent.
- Must have motivation to pursue high quality results and strong interpersonal skills.
- Understand the principles and comply with practice of Lean Manufacturing, 5S Methodology and Continuous Improvement.
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all Company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to Environment Health and Safety, ethics and codes of conduct.
- Strong knowledge in executing banknote design in Security Software.
- Strong drawing skills.
- Typography skills.
- Strong knowledge of banknote production requirements.
- Strong, demonstrable creative and aesthetic abilities and graphic design skill.
- Strong track record of team work and handling multiple work streams simultaneously and in accordance with deadlines.
Candidates applying for this role must be able to present a portfolio of their work.
What we offer
We offer interesting and independent work within an exciting industry that is constantly evolving. Crane Currency is a part of Crane Co, a multinational company in a technology-intensive industry with a number of sites throughout the world. To our associates, we offer benefits that promote health and balance between work and privacy as well as colleagues from all around the world.
Information and application
Based on the company's security requirements, a background check is implemented before employment is offered. Crane Currency is a non-smoking company.
Please send your application and link to portfolio, in English , as soon as possible since selection will be ongoing.
To apply, please visit www.cranecurrency.com . Under the CAREERS page, Recruitment Tumba, you will find "Logga in eller registrera dig", follow the instructions to send in your application.
We look forward to your application!
About Crane Currency
A dynamic culture, a team environment, exceptional people, best-in-class technology—all have contributed to the amazing success and vibrant growth at Crane. One of the longest-standing companies within the banknote industry, our company is one of few in the world that can perform all steps in the production chain – from design to papermaking, printing and security. Our people are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to hiring and retaining the best in the industry. Crane Currency is located within Tumba Bruks historical area, approximately 30 km south of Stockholm, about 20 minutes from Stockholm Central.