Crane Currency, a subsidiary of Crane Co. (NYSE:CR), is a global leader and an innovative force in substrate, print and technology. As the largest banknote substrate-maker in the world, Crane’s spirit of innovation and product development has won international acclaim.
The Company is a fully integrated supplier of banknotes for more than 50 central banks from all over the world and has $500 million in annual sales. A global company with a history of over 200 years in the U.S. and Sweden; with more than 1,200 employees the business continues to grow through organic expansion, acquisitions and joint ventures with strategic partners. The newest banknote facility opened in 2017 in Malta.
Crane Currency is a stand-alone business within the Payment & Merchandising Technologies segment of Crane Co. It is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations in Dalton, Massachusetts; Nashua, New Hampshire; Alpharetta, Georgia; Tumba, Sweden and Hal Far, Malta.
Energy and Facilities Management is a critical function in today’s world and a commercial necessity for keeping energy consumption & expenses in check . Preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensure that facilities are well maintained to support our production machinery and processes.
You will be responsible for monitoring energy consumption, usage patterns within the organization, identifying areas where energy is wasted or used inefficiently. Following this assessment process, you’ll be designing and implementing plans for optimizing energy use. Increase organizational awareness for the importance of reducing carbon footprint, lead a team of plant technicians and housekeeping for our state-of-the-art facility.
· Ensure that the basic facilities, main plant equipment and HVAC systems are well-maintained
· Target year over year reduction in energy costs
· Maintain energy management KPI’s
· Manage and follow up installations/projects with regards to energy management and facility improvements
· Ensures that the facility is clean and maintained according to company policy and procedures
· Forecasts, budget, allocates and supervise the financial and physical resources of the facility management
· Take ownership of the Energy roadmap and report to the Engineering Manager on regular basis
· Recommends maintenance, mechanical, electrical and facility modifications
· Manages and reviews service contracts (SLAs)
· Oversees and supervises the quality of work of employees and contractors on site to ensure that all tasks are performed correctly, efficiently and effectively
· Keep in check with regular facilities inspections/certifications
· Communicates workplace safety precautions to employees
Education and Experience Requirements;
· BSc in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Building Services or Environmental Sciences. Candidates with a Higher National Diploma Level 5 coupled with extensive experience in a similar role will be considered.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related position with a track record in project execution.
· Working knowledge of costs & savings studies, experience in HVAC, BMS, electrical systems and proficiency with energy analysis tools will be considered an asset
· Implementation of energy conservation measures
Skills & competences;
· Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Team player
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· The ability to lead and manage teams and projects
· Attention to detail but also the ability to see the implications for the bigger picture
· Commercial awareness
· Organization, time management, prioritizing and the ability to handle a complex, varied workload
· A good knowledge of IT packages
Crane prizes its people as the most valuable asset, and is committed to hiring and retaining the best talent in the industry. We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Crane Currency is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.