This role will grow Crane’s Brand Authentication business through direct customer business development and channel partner relationships. In this role, you will be responsible for developing relationships with our customers, negotiating contracts and closing deals. You will also be expected to recommend changes in product, service and policy in order to maximize profitable growth.
You will also be expected to understand the competitive landscape & industry, target segments and pricing & profitability. You will be expected to assess new business opportunities, leading partnerships and potential acquisitions to build our portfolio of offerings to customers.
As a dynamic intrapreneur, the Business Development Manager will demonstrate the potential of the business by developing new sales prospects, potentially by leveraging the existing Crane Currency salesforce around the world, whilst also planning for the next stage of growth, including a team of regional US sales and dedicated technical support. The long-term vision is for the individual to lead and grow an exciting new business in a high growth market.
- Service existing accounts and identify new potential customers in the Brand Authentication market
- Drive the sales channel partner program to increase rapidly overall sales volume
- Negotiate contract terms with customers, with the support of Crane legal
- Collaborate with design/production to ensure product specifications are deliverable
- Recommend changes in products, service and value proposition by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Own the full outcome from Technical Request through to production for all bids, tenders, and orders
- Provide customers, partners, and suppliers support, on-site at the customer as necessary
- Resolve customer issues to eliminate causes of non-conformities or other undesirable situations.
- Developing pricing strategies and optimize order-specific product costing & pricing
Knowledge (Education/Training), Experience, Skills and Characteristics:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated achievement in B2B sales with a minimum of 10 years industry experience with at least 5 years success in a business development or sales capacity
- Experience and understanding of the Brand Authentication industry, with the ability to become a subject matter expert on the job
- Innovation and problem-solving skills that include the ability to develop and propose solutions for customer
- Excellent written and verbal English communication and presentation skills
- Proven experience regularly collaborating with multiple stakeholder groups including manufacturing operations, sales, quality, R&D, and both internal/external customers to achieve high-level positive results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
License or other requirements:
- Ability to pass and maintain a security clearance.
- A signed Company Non-Disclosure Agreement on file in the Human Resources Department is required.
- Must be willing to travel - 50% throughout the United States and abroad.
Applicants must be United States citizens. The person selected for this position will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace