Job Opening: Teamwork is Currency at Crane
This position will help facilitate the timely and accurate execution of administrative tasks in support of the Nashua facility, including Operations and Security Technologies, overall. This position will cross-train with and help support the responsibilities of the Senior Executive Assistant and will also assist in responding to incoming administrative support tasks from other Crane sites, as needed.
- Assists with calendar management, travel & expense reporting, PPT presentations, spreadsheets, monthly operations report (MOR), Business Reviews and PPR slide consolidation and formatting, meeting planning/minutes, etc.
- Supports the administrative and logistical planning of activities such as; Kaizen and other Continuous Improvement events (set up meetings, events, catering, supplies, etc.)
- Provides administrative and logistical support to the Nashua site and management team for key events and on-going support for the functions of Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental, Production, and Supply Chain, as needed
- Works independently and as a team player on both special nonrecurring events and ongoing projects
- Responds to regularly occurring requests for information and may draft/deliver responses or replies by phone or e-mail
- Provides data analysis and prepares general forms of communication such as; memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, presentations, etc.
- Ability to proofread documents and make appropriate edit suggestions for spelling, grammar, layout, etc. Make appropriate changes and accept responsibility for accuracy and clarity of final copy
- Draft professional communications and correspondence with minimal guidance
- Greets and assists visitors and vendors, answers telephone calls and forwards phone messages as necessary
- Learns and updates company systems and programs as necessary for communication, reporting and updating current status
- Reports to, and requires close collaboration with the Senior Executive Assistant to stay current on what is happening within the business; to assist with various support activities; and to become verse in the overall support functions of the Technology business to provide ongoing, quality back-up support
- Assists with site event-planning activities; philanthropy events; customer visits
Knowledge (Education/Training) & Technical Skills:
- High School Diploma with 2 to 4 years of experience
- Prior work experience in a true manufacturing and production operations environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point); Advanced PPT skills desired
- Skilled use of computers and other office equipment such as conferencing systems
- Proficiency using applications such as Kronos, Dashlane, WebEx, Skype, Internet, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintains knowledge and awareness of current events and standard processes to provide back-up administrative support as needed
- Ability to take direction from multiple people; prioritize work; and deliver quality work products is key to this position
- Willing to work occasional overtime, some weekend work could be required but not typical
- Must have a valid driver’s license for limited Company travel
- Consistent display of poise, tact, and diplomacy; protects confidential and proprietary information
- Must be a “team player" and be able to work with all levels of the organization effectively and efficiently
- Ability to maintain and handle confidential materials on a routine basis
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines while multitasking
- Self-driven and motivated/proactive; does not hesitate to seek out work from others
- Position requires energy & enthusiasm; this is a fast-paced and ever-changing environment requiring quick-thinking, adaptability and expedient delivery
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree plus 3-5 years equivalent work experience
- Experience with SharePoint is highly desired, or a willingness and ability to learn is a must
- Familiarity with Egencia and Concur travel and expense applications preferred
Applicants must be United States citizens. The person selected for this position will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
Crane offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401k match and more. Qualified candidates are invited to apply via our careers page at www.careersatcrane.com.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab