Crane Currency, a subsidiary of Crane Co. (NYSE:CR), is a global leader and an innovative force in substrate, print and technology. As the largest banknote substrate-maker in the world, Crane’s spirit of innovation and product development has won international acclaim.
The Company is a fully integrated supplier of banknotes for more than 50 central banks from all over the world and has $500 million in annual sales. A global company with a history of over 200 years in the U.S. and Sweden; with more than 1,200 employees the business continues to grow through organic expansion, acquisitions and joint ventures with strategic partners. The newest banknote facility opened in 2017 in Malta.
Crane Currency is a stand-alone business within the Payment & Merchandising Technologies segment of Crane Co. It is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations in Dalton, Massachusetts; Nashua, New Hampshire; Alpharetta, Georgia; Tumba, Sweden and Hal Far, Malta.
The position will be a member of the Global IT Service Desk Team providing level 1 & 2 IT phone support to all Crane Currency associates. The role will have an impact on all Crane Currency associates by enabling the talent through the provisioning and support of IT Services.
- Creates and manages all IT incidents and requests utilizing the IT ticketing system
- Support for onboard & offboard activities, including provisioning and deprovisioning of user accounts
- Software deployment
- Provides phone support to all associates to ensure effective and efficient incident response and escalation.
- Remotely troubleshoots end user inquires including but not limited to hardware, software and telecommunication issues.
- Escalation of tickets when appropriate.
- Participates in assigned audit tasks to maintain a secure and compliant environment.
- Participates in Asset Management efforts of IT equipment and software licensing.
- Participates in an on-call rotation.
- Promotes and educates end users on available technologies
- Manage tickets to established SLA and KPI’s
Qualifications and Technical Experience:
- Associates Degree or International Advanced Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or MIS. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a Customer Service facing role providing IT helpdesk, service desk or desktop support services.
- 3+ years’ experience providing IT remote support for Windows based clients in an enterprise environment
- Relevant technical certifications from companies such as Microsoft or CompTIA is a plus
- Understanding of ITIL
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of Maltese or Swedish is considered an asset.
- Ability to work flexible hours, 6am – 3pm or 9am -6pm, or a combination of both
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Good technical skills with a focus on exceeding customer expectations and improving the customer experience
- Ability to clearly communicate technical issues to non-technical people
- Ability to work under pressure, remain calm and defuse situations
- Experience providing IT phone
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting VPN clients and remote connectivity
- Experience working with remote control support tools
- Ability to follow standard work instructions
- Good analytical and troubleshooting to quickly diagnose technical issues
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems and client connectivity
- Experience creating and managing user accounts in Windows Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
- Experience with file and folder permissions
- Good understanding of client computer and server network connectivity
- Ability to ensure quick and accurate data entry of service request details.
Crane prizes its people as the most valuable asset and is committed to hiring and retaining the best talent in the industry. We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Crane Currency is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.