Crane Currency is a strong organization with a firm commitment to collaboration and growth, we invite you to join us for a fulfilling career opportunity as a Director of Strategic Sourcing. This position can be based in Nashua, NH, Dalton, MA, or Europe.
Responsible for leading the Crane Currency Strategic Sourcing strategies, tools, and processes. Accountable and responsible for developing and implementing Strategic Sourcing strategies, setting policy with compliance, identifying and maintaining enabling tools and processes, and leveraging global resources to optimize supply cost and performance. The right candidate should be comfortable functioning effectively under tight deadlines and maintain excellent working relationships across all areas of the business.
- Improve the intellectual capital of the personnel involved with Strategic Sourcing through the hiring of Strategic Sourcing resources, as required, and the design and implementation of development programs aimed at elevating employees’ skill set, knowledge and contribution levels.
- Develop and lead the execution of sourcing strategies that support Crane Currency objectives for Supplier Quality, OTD, and Lead Times, Inventory Reduction, and Material and Indirect Cost Reduction. This would include actions to rationalize the supply base, improve supplier relationships, implement Supplier Agreements, drive increased sourcing from low cost sources, leverage the material and indirect spend across Crane Currency, and reduce the administrative cost of the Supply Chain function.
- Establish and lead Commodity Strategy and project teams to identify and action improvement and savings opportunities.
- Actively identify leveraging opportunities across Crane Currency and lead efforts to use that leverage to optimize cost and performance.
- Obtain competitive bids, analyze costs and negotiate/award contracts to vendors on the basis of total costs to the company commensurate with financial risks, quality standards, and delivery capabilities.
- Primary owner of key enabling tools for Material and Indirect Spend including eSourcing, Spend Analytics, and Process documentation, including maintenance, improvements, and training.
- Actively champion the Supply Chain vision and initiatives within the Business Unit and with customers and suppliers.
- Drive continuous improvement in the Strategic Sourcing by communicating objective performance metrics, focused on quality improvement, on-time delivery improvement, lead time reduction, and cost reduction.
- Monitor on-going supplier performance, support site Supply Chains in resolving chronic supplier performance problems, revise supplier strategies, and, if necessary, lead project/s to exit poor performing supplier/s.
- Lead/Support annual business reviews with key suppliers to review quality, delivery and cost performance, progress on strategic initiatives, and ensure on-going strategic alignment between Crane Currency and the supplier
- Maintain awareness of industry trends, emerging issues and world markets for key Material and Indirect spend categories and communicate with the supply chain to flexibly respond accordingly.
- Leverage technology solutions to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of the strategic sourcing process.
- Provide effective support to new product introduction teams, proposal development, and subcontracting opportunities as they develop.
- Consistent with CRANE Business System, participate in, facilitate, and lead Kaizen events that will eliminate waste, improve pull and one-piece flow, and deliver breakthrough results in Growth, Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost throughout the Supply Chain.
- Engender a spirit of cooperation throughout the Crane Currency supply chain to insure responsiveness to the customer.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with Crane sister business units in order to improve the overall company performance.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a Supply Chain related role, including roles responsible for developing and implementing Material and Indirect sourcing strategies.
- Global sourcing experience.
- Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships and influence up, down, and across organizational lines.
- Strong team building and project management
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving/decision making skills; ability to make timely, effective, fact based decisions.
- Proven expertise in developing supplier quality systems and supplier performance metrics.
- Knowledge/experience with eSourcing tools.
- Direct experience implementing lean concepts (Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen Leadership, 5S, etc).
- Prior experience implementing a pull system/Kanban approach to component flow.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite software (e.g. Word, Excel, MS project, etc.).
- BS/BA in business or technical discipline. An MBA is desired.
- Certification in APICS and/or ISM is highly desired.
All applicants must be a United States citizen, demonstrating suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
Crane offers competitive pay, world class benefits, 401k match, a bonus program and much more. Don’t miss out, apply now at www.CareersAtCrane.com
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab