IT Internship - Programmer
CRANE Currency in Alpharetta, GA is seeking an Intern. We have the flexibility for part-time, if you are in still school, or full-time if you are on a Summer break.
If you are selected you will be working with our design team, programming reports and analyzing data. This is a great opportunity to learn from a senior manager of the Design & Research team who you would be reporting to. Gain exciting real-world experience from a strong organization with a firm commitment to innovation and a culture of collaboration.
- Analyze and generate automated reports
- Develop MySQL database-backed web interface
- Use Python to analyze trends in data
- Develop User interface improvements for an interactive web based 3d environment
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Pursing a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science, IT or a similar field
- 2-3 years of College course work preferably in areas such as database, python and web development
- Strong analytical ability coupled with demonstrated troubleshooting skill
- Experience with version controls such as Mercurial a plus
- Experience with Linux a plus
- Experience writing software with Python, CSS and database experience a Plus
Key Attributes for Success:
- Team player & ability to collaborate
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing
- Ability to work under minimal direction
Applicants must be United States citizens. The person selected for this position will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace