Do you want to be a key team player with the fastest growing currency supplier in the world?
Crane Currency is looking to add a Desktop Engineer in our Nashua, NH, Dalton, MA, or Alpharetta, GA. This position is responsible for developing, testing, implementing and sustaining a global standardized and secure Client Operating environment. This will be a hands-on role requireing Subject Matter Expertise of Client Operating Systems, scripting and deployment practices.
Some responsibilities include:
- Defines global client hardware specification standards in collaboration with global hardware suppliers
- Test and certify standard hardware builds utilizing the standard deployment tool
- Initiate or create software packages, test and pilot software packages utilizing the standard deployment tool
- Defines the client Operating System lifecycle, including maintain standards, security and compliance
- Develop and execute test scripts to support client Operating System upgrades and automation
- Develop client hardware and software reports in support of platform objectives and KPI’s
- Mentor and work closely with junior members of the Client Services team
- Continuously develop technical subject matter expertise on established and emerging desktop and other device technologies
- Create and update technical documentation
- Metrics reporting related to client hardware and software in support of asset management, security and licensing compliance
- Responsible for client patch management utilizing the company standard patching tool
- Manage tickets to established SLA and KPI’s
- Maintain Pilot Groups for testing new and updated software
- Lead or participate in local and global projects related to the IT Client Services Platform
- Provide subject matter expertise and technical guidance to ensure effective and efficient delivery of IT Client Services solutions.
- Lead remediation efforts to maintain Client Services standard
- Associates Degree or International Advanced Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or MIS. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ year’s in a similar technical position in an enterprise envrionment
- Windows Client, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician
- MCSA: Windows 10
- Relevant technical certifications from companies such as Microsoft or CompTIA
- ITIL Foundations
- Proven expertise and advanced knowledge of Windows Operating System image creation and software update
- Experience defining, evaluating and recommending client hardware technologies to meet various business needs, i.e. desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers
- Proven expertise with client operating system deployment, patching and associated reporting tools, i.e. SCCM, Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Ivanti, AutoPilot.
- Ability to automate relevant processes utilizing Windows PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
The person selected for this position must be a US Citizen and will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
Crane Currency is a fully integrated supplier of secure, durable and well-designed banknotes for central banks all over the world. As the leading security feature developer, Crane has won international acclaim for innovation and product development. We offer a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 401k match, an associate incentive plan, paid holidays, and more. Qualified candidates are invited to apply via our careers page at www.careersatcrane.com.
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab