Crane Currency is seeking a Director of Operations. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the manufacturing and commercialization of security products and leading the efforts to transform the company to be focused on continuous improvement, employee development and performance management.
The incumbent’s role is to assure that corporate goals and objectives are met, ensuring that products and related services meet customer expectations. This will be accomplished by driving a culture of continuous improvement and embracing Six Sigma practices resulting in improved business systems and the practice of safe, cost effective and efficient operating systems and processes. The successful individual will drive a performance culture with specific focus on yield, uptime, throughput, employee development, and safety training while building employee morale and culture development. The incumbent is also a member of the Leadership Team and as such participates in setting strategy for the entire organization.
Provide direction and drive culture change objectives to all manufacturing and related operations.
- Changing perspectives to focus on continuous improvement to insure meeting customer and company expectations through teamwork and engagement.
- Emphasize the practice of safe and efficient use of resources.
- Promote internal communication and collaboration of knowledge.
- Direct staffing and resource planning for the manufacturing area.
- Facilitate Strategic Planning efforts within manufacturing to meet company goals and objectives.
- Advocate using ISO management principals, practices and procedures in maintaining Manufacturing Certification.
Create and maintain a motivated, flexible and well-trained workforce in all Manufacturing areas/departments.
- Ensure consistency in communication and enforcement of company policy.
- Maintain and improve internal employee relations.
- Create and promote safe work environment while meeting safety objectives.
- Provide ongoing guidance and coaching for all direct reports.
- Advocate ongoing training and workforce development objectives, including employee involvement, engagement, teamwork and accountability.
- Embrace and promote a Six Sigma culture supported by corporate initiatives
Collaborate with and provide appropriate direction to the rest of management and support team in order to:
- Align resources to appropriately support manufacturing for meeting Quality and Delivery needs of customer
- Ensure successful product development efforts to meet dynamic customer and market demands.
- Appropriate planning, execution and implementation of engineering projects as they relate to manufacturing.
- Manage all manufacturing operations ensuring optimum performance and quality.
- Facilitate the use of effective measurement and reporting systems relative to Quality, Yields, Uptime, Machine Speeds/Operating Rates and Productivity.
- Utilize Manufacturing best practices model in optimizing reporting systems while providing consistency across all areas.
- Promote teamwork & effective interaction with all internal departments and groups to institute optimum quality, on-time delivery and cost effectiveness.
Assure compliance with all Company policies, procedures, regulatory requirements relating to safety, health, ergonomics, environmental, OSHA, ISO 9001: 2008 Standards and/or other agency/customer’s requirements, to assure proper operating procedures and a safe and secure workplace. Insure that all subordinate work practices adhere to company, local, State and Federal standards.
Knowledge & Training:
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Engineering or Science related field.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Proven ability to build a team of engaged employees
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA, ISO, ASTM or other standards or requirements related to product development and manufacturing and environmental compliance.
- Strong working knowledge of statistically-based Quality systems.
- Strong working knowledge of continuous improvement, Six Sigma and Lean principles.
- Knowledge of the budgeting and capital spending processes.
Experience / Skills:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience overseeing multiple production processes and multiple sites.
- Extensive experience in a manufacturing company, preferably technically proficient in continuous web-based production or converting utilizing coating, drying and/or laminating.
- Proven ability to interact effectively and tactfully at all organizational levels and across all disciplines.
- Demonstrated significant operational improvements utilizing employee involvement, continuous improvement and disciplined systems-driven manufacturing methods.
- Demonstrated Human relation skills, including coaching, employee development and/or mentoring.
- Disciplined and Proven Strong leadership skills.
- Working experience with key performance indicators, metrics, and Standard Operating Procedures
- Proven Strong Management skills.
All applicants must be a United States citizen. SUITABILITY AND BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION REQUIREMENTS: The final offer of employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by Crane and our U.S. Government Agency customers is very thorough. Therefore it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education, finances, illegal drug use, and/or other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determination.
Crane offers competitive pay, world class benefits, 401k match, a bonus program and much more. Don’t miss out, apply now at www.CareersAtCrane.com
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab