Crane Currency is a fully integrated supplier of secure, durable and well-designed banknotes for central banks all over the world. As the leading security feature developer, Crane has won international acclaim for innovation and product development. We are a pioneer in advanced micro-optics technology for securing banknotes, offering features that do not exist elsewhere. A strong, stable organization with a firm commitment to collaboration and growth, we invite you to join us for a fulfilling career opportunity.
Want to join the team? We have a great opportunity for a Desktop Support II in our Dalton MA site.
- Provide 2 & 3rd level technical guidance and support to all associates to ensure effective and efficient incident response
- Act as an escalation point for other members of the team who need assistance in managing a request or incident.
- Identify and mitigate risk through the understanding of Information Security best practices.
- Identify technical support trends, determine root cause and potential solutions addressing issues promptly and appropriately
- Participate in Asset Management efforts of IT equipment and software licensing to ensure all equipment is properly accounted for.
- Troubleshoots user support inquires including but not limited to hardware, software and telecommunication issues
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining client hardware including but not limited to laptops, desktops, printers, MFD/MFP’s, IP Phones, mobile devices, encrypted thumb drives to maintain company standards, security and compliance
- Participate in assigned audit tasks to maintain a secure and compliant environment
- Lead or coordinate local efforts related to the implementation of new technologies to improve service and support.
- Participate in lean management program activities to document, maintain and improve IT standard work processes and procedures to enable consistent global standards and continuous improvement
- Develop overall skill set by mentoring and coaching other members of the team through on the job training
- Remaining current of emerging technologies and how they may enable the business
- Up to 10% of travel may be required.
- Associates Degree or International Advanced Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or MIS. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a technical support role
- 3+ years of experience with modern Windows desktop operating systems
- Microsoft Modern Desktop Administrator Associate desired, but not required
- Relevant technical certs from companies such as Microsoft or CompTIA is a plus
- Fluent in English and local language when applicable is a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft based Client Operating Systems
- Experience migrating from a Microsoft Windows 7 to Windows 10 platform is a plus
- Experience installing, maintaining and supporting Microsoft Office/O365 applications
- Experience creating and managing user accounts in Windows Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Experience with common technologies used within manufacturing operations and office environments
- Experience working in an enterprise ticketing system such as Service Now, Marval, or Remedy
- Intermediate understanding of client computer network and server connectivity
- Working knowledge of end point deployment tools
Applicants must be United States citizens: SUITABILITY AND BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION REQUIREMENTS: The final offer of employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by Crane and our U.S. Government Agency customers is very thorough. Therefore it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education, finances, illegal drug use, and/or other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determination.
Relocation assistance will be provided as needed. Crane offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401k match and more.
Qualified candidates we invite you to apply: www.careersatcrane.com inkedIN
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab