The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is currently looking for a seasoned Marketing Manager who can propel the Museum into multicultural markets and help us achieve our strategic objective of increasing the number and the diversity of people who connect with the Museum around nature and science in ways that are meaningful to them. This is a unique career opportunity to develop creative marketing and communication plans for a myriad of Museum scientific discoveries, exhibitions, programs, and products.
This position is responsible for providing the planning and management necessary to develop and implement marketing strategies and tactics that successfully support the objectives set forth in all marketing plans while maximizing awareness and trial of the Museum, exhibitions, films, programs, and events to achieve annual attendance and revenue objectives. This position supports plans and executes integrated communications projects, so comfort collaborating with multiple stakeholder groups is a must.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing and executing marketing plans, monitoring market research studies to understand the state of the industry, customer needs, and market opportunities, as well as strong supervisory and leadership experience. We’re looking for someone with a variety of strengths to connect with our guests on an emotional or human level, and passions to support our mission of engaging our community that loves, understands, and protects our natural world. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.
Marketing & Media Relations
- Develops and successfully implement temporary exhibitions, educational products, and Initiative marketing plans in support of the Museum’s annual business plan objectives ensuring integrated strategies support the Museum’s mission, strategic plan and brand position/image while maximizing awareness and trial.
- Plans and manages marketing department budgets, including annual planning for future year and two forecasts per year.
- Creates, working closely with clients and internal team, detailed project schedules, continuously monitoring status and communicating key tasks internally and externally.
- Manages the production of creative concepts for all advertising, sales promotion and communications material and programs while enforcing project timelines to ensure that projects are always delivered on time and on budget.
- Works with media vendors and internal team to provide reports that track success of all campaigns including redemptions, associated hard costs, return on investment, etc. within one-week post-promotion in order to effectively evaluate need for continuation, improvement or dissolution of promotion if unsuccessful.
- Build and cultivate relationships with key partners and influencers in the industry.
- Works closely with media agency, and Marketing leadership team to create fully integrated media plans to support the Museum’s annual business plan, supporting all division objectives of the Museum to achieve annual attendance projections and financial and institutional objectives.
Leadership & Supervision
- Responsible for hiring and supervising staff and providing direction - communicates job expectations and on-going training and feedback to ensure professional development and success. Provides timely feedback that reflect employee performance and develops priorities and goals for team members. Evaluates output to ensure division standards and objectives are met.
- Serves as a member of the Division’s manager cohort and provides leadership in all meetings. Actively participates in DEAI efforts and Employee Engagement Team events. Stays abreast of Museum policies and participates in all Museum-wide mandatory trainings.
- DEAI (diversity, equity, access and inclusion): Creates time for personal and professional growth in DEAI for self and team. Works with the team to ensure to ensure DEAI is embedded in our practices and relationships across the team and community. Is a champion for the value of DEAI in our work with each other and our audiences.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5 years’ experience in advertising and sales promotion required.
- 2 years’ supervisory experience required.
- Some early morning/evening/weekend work required.
- Some travel required.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
- The Museum loves science. As a science institution, the Museum believes in the science behind vaccines. Effective September 1, 2021, all new hires must present proof of being vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of hire.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experienced leader that can manage and inspire staff across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions, offer strong recommendations, and take responsibility for driving results
- Must bring unique strengths in the areas of strategic thinking and business acumen coupled with excellent relationship building skills
- DEAI (diversity, equity, access and inclusion) experience: building or collaborating with diverse teams. A commitment to DEAI and advancing our work to increase the number and diversity of people who connect with the Museum around nature and science in ways that are meaningful to them
- Solution oriented and problem solver
- Experience working in multicultural marketing
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A commitment to continuous learning and improvement. Curious and creative. Stays current on emerging trends and technology.
- Exceptional collaboration and teamwork skills
- Ability to coordinate and balance needs of multiple stakeholders
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, and the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Perks and Benefits of working at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science include:
A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage. 100% paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance. Paid time-off for vacation, sickness and holidays. 403(b) Retirement Plan with immediate eligibility to contribute and, after one year of employment, an employer contribution and match. An RTD Eco pass and a free Family+ membership to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science.
The full range of perks and benefits can be found HERE.
Please submit your resume by 10/5/2021. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications will only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Museum is committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff to serve the needs of our visitors. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.