Come join the fast paced, hardworking, Custodial Services Team at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science! The Supervisor of Custodial Services position supervises the custodial crew to ensure that there is an exceptional level of cleaning in the Museum. This is important to help achieve a safe, clean, healthy, attractive environment for our guests, staff and volunteers.
- Completes daily work orders, delegates daily duties, ensures execution of tasks is successful and closure of work order.
- Conducts area checks upon completion of work for the team.
- Conducts training and coaching of direct reports as needed.
- Reaches out to custodial staff to communicate schedule changes and accommodation for Museum events.
- Interacts with internal and external customers on a daily basis. Works closely with Manager, Security Team and Catering Services Team to assure productive working relationships.
- Maintains and updates employee schedule and work assignments.
- Authorizes employee timesheets.
- Conducts daily update calls with Manager and Leads - Reviews event details, outstanding work orders, labor reports and alerts, employee issues, staffing needs, customer issues, supply and equipment needs and status.
- 2 years’ experience in the cleaning industry with basic knowledge of cleaning chemicals and floor work techniques required.
- 1 years’ experience of supervisory experience or related experience and training required.
- 18 years of age or older required.
- Night/weekend/holiday work required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed to accommodate museum activities required.
- The Museum loves science. As a science institution, the Museum believes in the science behind vaccines. Effective September 1, 2021, all new hires must present proof of being vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of hire.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
Ideal candidate will have/be:
- Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred. A pay differential will be paid for Spanish speaking fluency.
- Team Building
- Reliable and Punctual
- Hard Working
- Experienced Custodian
Perks and Benefits of working at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science include:
A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage. 100% paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance. Paid time-off for vacation, sickness and holidays. 403(b) Retirement Plan with immediate eligibility to contribute and, after one year of employment, an employer contribution and match. An RTD Eco pass and a free Family+ membership to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science.
The full range of perks and benefits can be found HERE.
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Please submit your resume by October 4, 2021. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications will only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Museum is committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff to serve the needs of our visitors. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.