JCK Restaurants is seeking a Payroll Senior Accountant to join their growing team. JCK Restaurants and related entities own and operate franchise restaurants across Oregon and Washington. Competitive salary and benefits.
The Payroll Senior Accountant will oversee and supervise payroll functions of the organization, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. Assist with Benefit Administration and other areas as needed.
- Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing and accounting systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll updates.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Processes and manages insurance and benefits.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll accounting software, systems, and procedures.
- Strong general ledger skills
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of payroll functions including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Strong general ledger and accrual accounting knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Sage or related software.
- Team player with a great attitude