Company: KARL STORZ Imaging, Inc. (KSI)
Job Code: 12615
KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 75 years, KARL STORZ has been dedicated to earning its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical effectiveness.
Join a dynamic team of engineers designing endoscopic cameras and imaging systems for one of the world-leading medical device manufacturers of surgical equipment – KARL STORZ! Required: Desired: #LI-LS1
As a member of the Design Verification team in Goleta, CA, the Test Engineer I position holds key responsibilities for ensuring KARL STORZ’s line of video imaging systems continue to maintain their reputation among surgeons and medical staff for delivering world-class quality.
The role responsibilities include the following test engineering functions:
• Testing prototypes to verify they meet quality standards prior to release to production.
• Characterizing the mechanical, electrical, reliability, and imaging performance of existing products and functional models.
• Documenting results for internal and external quality and regulatory processes.
• Designing tests to meet new product mechanical, electrical, and imaging performance measurement challenges.
• Automating tests using Matlab and a C#-based scripting framework.
• Troubleshooting product issues related to product quality, manufacturability, reliability, efficacy and regulatory compliance.
The engineering environment at KARL STORZ is highly collaborative. The Test Engineer I is expected to work closely with senior Test Engineers as well as System Engineers, Project Managers, and other design engineers (Image Processing, FPGA, Software, Electrical, Mechanical, and more) to meet product release goals. The Test Engineer I is expected to produce high quality test results reports for distribution to internal stakeholders and FDA officials.
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related field.
• 0-2 years’ experience in design or test engineering, or equivalent work experience.
• Strong analytical and technical writing skills.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
• Capable of working efficiently & productively under minimal supervision; self-motivated & focused.
• Familiarity with standard lab test equipment (oscilloscopes, signal generators, analyzers, etc).
• Experience with high-level programming language (such as Matlab or C#).
• Knowledge of medical device quality system regulations and standards.
Join a dynamic team of engineers designing endoscopic cameras and imaging systems for one of the world-leading medical device manufacturers of surgical equipment – KARL STORZ!
Vaccine requirements at KARL STORZ due to COVID-19
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for our employees and therefore we require the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our employees unless otherwise due to an underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs. During the interview process, we encourage you to ask how COVID-19 may impact the role you are seeking and if you require a reasonable accommodation regarding the vaccine requirement see below on the process for requesting accommodation. Please click here to learn more about our overall response to COVID-19.
Employee Benefits Program Overview for U.S. Locations
*Field sales, internships and part-time employees are not eligible except for where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not eligible to participate in KARL STORZ benefits program.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation Statement
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at TaleoAdministrator@karlstorz.com.
Notice to Employment Agencies
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by KARL STORZ’s Human Resources team. Human Resources will reach out to our preferred, contracted agency partners in the rare instance additional talent options are required. Your respect for this process is appreciated. KARL STORZ does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. Resumes received which were unsolicited by KARL STORZ Human Resources department will be ineligible for referral fees.