Meetings and Recognition Specialist
Reports to: Associate Vice President, Recognition & Conferences
The Meetings and Recognition Specialist requires a high level of customer service skills, professionalism and willingness to handle planning and administrative details of customer-engagement (external and internal) meetings and events that are held virtually and in-person. This role will also assist in execution of rewards and recognition. The ideal candidate must thrive in a challenging and fast-paced atmosphere; where prioritizing and multi-tasking are the norm. Exceptional attention to detail and first-class organizational skills are mandatory. This dynamic position will report to the AVP Recognition & Conferences, and work in a team environment.
- Manage event/meeting logistics for virtual and in-person meetings, including but not limited to administering technology platforms, logistical processes and communications with Vermont, Texas campuses as well as assigned off-site locations. Detailed planning with travel, catering, lodging, technical provisioning for virtual, hybrid and on-site programs, internal and external vendor coordination, and on-site event management.
- Execute program communications and materials coordination across teams, interfacing with stakeholders on a timely basis. Pre-event planning, managing project timeline/deadlines, on-site execution and post event wrap-up with briefings, surveys, and budget reconciliation.
- Manage attendee experiences through consistent, white-glove customer service, representing the National Life Group brand.
- Successfully support and execute strategies as directed with incentive programs including but not limited to materials, promotions and awards. Develops reports, trends analysis as needed.
- Adheres to all company legal, financial, health, safety and compliance regulations for successful outcomes.
- Provide conference team support simultaneously for a variety of large-scale conferences as assigned. Collaborates and communicates well with all Recognition & Conference Team members.
- Manage meeting budgets with regular oversight, tracking costs, focus on savings, track spend against budget, and accountability for accurate reconciliation, as appropriate.
- Provides meeting support including but not limited to supplies, packing/shipping of event materials, signage, promotional items, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with major in hospitality, event management, business or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in hospitality sales/conference service and/or corporate field. Proven success with planning and executing virtual meetings and platforms a plus.
- Proven project management abilities. Strength with deadlines while handling multiple projects and meetings.
- Relationship builder. Exceptional customer service skills and enjoys working with the public. Proven success with internal and external clients, and vendors.
- Curious and consistent interest to learn and improve on successes and opportunities.
- A team-oriented, positive and proactive attitude is essential. Experience working in a cross-functional team, a great team member, willing to roll up your sleeves and help colleagues when needed.
- Excellent problem-solving and consensus-building skills, strong interpersonal skills. Capable of making solid and quick judgement calls under pressure.
- Strong analytical, organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Skilled communicator. High emotional intelligence. Uses tact and diplomacy in dealing with others. Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally, and in writing, with customers, other associates and management.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, including advanced skills in Excel. Knowledge of Cvent, Salesforce, and Virtual Platforms preferred.
- Flexible ability to work occasional weekends and travel, average 5-10% year.
- Physical demands include lifting/moving objects up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to successfully complete a background check.
Company Description :
At National Life, our story is simple: for over 170 years, we have worked hard to deliver on our promises to millions of people with our vision of providing peace of mind in times of need. It’s our cause, stemming from a deep passion to live our values to do good, be good and make good, every day. At National Life Group, we are a mission-driven and purposed-filled business. For us, the cause of what we do is as important as the products we sell.
Our mission extends well beyond the insurance and annuities policies that we sell. Our cause is also to make the world a better place through grants from our charitable foundation, paid time for our employees to volunteer at nonprofits, environmentally sustainable and healthy work sites, and fun, family friendly events that promote the work of nonprofits in our own backyard.
National Life Group® is a trade name of NLIC, Montpelier, VT, Life Insurance Company of the Southwest (LSW), Addison, TX and their affiliates. Each company is solely responsible for its own financial condition and contractual obligations. LSW is not an authorized insurer in NY and does not conduct insurance business in NY.
This role is not open to applicants residing or otherwise based in Colorado and cannot be performed in Colorado.