Administrative Assistant– Equity Services Inc. / Life & Annuity Solutions
Seeking a senior level Administrative Assistant for our growing organizations. This role will be responsible for providing all levels of administrative, operational and coordination support to our Senior Leadership, including planning, organizing and managing special projects. This role will interface with all levels of leadership across the organization as well as with our distribution partners. Strong organization, prioritization, communication, and time management skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities are critical to success of this individual.
- Provide timely and effective administrative support to senior leaders as well as secondary support for their respective teams
- Act as ambassador and spokesperson, both formally and informally, by building relationships between the leadership team and all business areas; position plays a critical role in the overall effectiveness of relationship management, acting as partner and point-person to coordinate and facilitate communication.
- Draft communications as needed; collaborate with leadership on messaging and manage information flow
- Arrange travel, accommodations, itineraries and all correspondence related to necessary arrangements including management of expense reports
- Plan, organize and execute events such as meetings, team building activities, luncheons, client dinners and special projects
- Manage schedules and act as a liaison for the senior team
- Maintain files, records and correspondence for meetings
- Prepare information and research for senior leadership needs
- Assist in the onboarding of new hires
- Work collaboratively with other administrative professionals and contribute to the success of the team
- Other duties as assigned by leadership, including participation on special projects and specific committees such as the Social Committee, as needed to meet business needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred; or equivalent years of job experience or certification
- Minimum of 5 years of high-level administrative professional experience
- High level interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations; requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy and ability to interact effectively at all levels
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient with computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation as well as the demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new company-specific systems and processes
- Display a high level of initiative, anticipate needs of the leadership
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent quality and attention to detail
- Must be willing and able to work more than a 40-hour work week if necessary
- Strategic mindset as well as strong critical thinking and project coordination skills
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Results-driven mindset
- Thrives in an environment where the best ideas that drive the best results are rewarded
- Love of learning – comfortable in an organization that seeks to continually learn from its failures and successes to drive better business decisions
- Comfortable with ambiguity and the mentality required to address and ultimately own those ambiguous situations – finding answers and solutions
- Proficient in giving and receiving constructive feedback in both real time and structured environments
- Demonstrates transparent, direct, and open communication/feedback across the organization
- Promotes collaboration and has a “enterprise first” attitude – does what is right for the enterprise
- Commitment to our mission and values
National Life Group® is a trade name of National Life Insurance Company, Montpelier, VT, and its affiliates.
This role is not open to applicants residing or otherwise based in Colorado and cannot be performed in Colorado.