Want to work with teams known for handling multiple major projects simultaneously and producing high-quality, precise results? If you’re up for the challenge, we want you to join our team!
SANDIS is a professional services corporation specializing in civil engineering, traffic engineering, land surveying and planning. For over 50 years and with locations throughout Northern California, we are committed to innovation, excellence, leadership and environmental stewardship. We service private and public clients in the high tech (Apple Park), research and redevelopment, laboratory, corporate, commercial, residential, healthcare, academic, transportation (CA High Speed Rail Project), hospitality, civic (Avaya & Levi’s Stadiums), justice and public works sectors.
Sandis is currently looking for a Chainman/Rodman for our Campbell, California office
- Able to assist in all types of surveys, including, but not limited to, construction staking, As-Builts, ALTA, topographic, boundary and subdivision surveys
- Able to read and write stakes accurately and legibly
- Trains apprentices in the use of survey equipment (Leica), survey methods and safety standards
- Ensures accuracy of all staking
- Assists with duties as assigned by the Party Chief or Project Manager
- Communicates with Party Chief about any abnormalities discovered in the field
- Maintains survey equipment ensuring it’s clean and operational
Basic Qualifications, Skills & Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Local 3 Union Member
- Valid State driver's license
- Completed or enrolled in the apprenticeship program, with good job standing
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, maps and make field decisions and calculations.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to walk over rough and uneven terrain carrying equipment;
- Ability to move in and around confined and cluttered places;
- Ability to stand up to 12 hours per day;
- Upon employment, will be subject to and must pass random drug testing in compliance with federal, state and client guidelines.
- Continued employment is dependent on meeting project specific requirements.
We employ Union Surveyors, membership in Local 3 is a requirement. If you are not currently a member, not a problem...just call Local 3 and see how you can become a member!
Sandis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sandis is Drug Free Workplace. All employees may be subject to periodic Background Checks.