SANDIS is a professional services corporation specializing in civil engineering, traffic engineering, land surveying and planning. SANDIS employs the best and the brightest in our industry. We recruit well rounded individuals who are committed to innovation, excellence, leadership, and environmental stewardship. SANDIS' expertise is expansive. We service private and public clients in the high tech, research and redevelopment, laboratory, corporate, commercial, residential, healthcare, academic, hospitality, civic, justice and public works sectors.
Sandis is currently looking for a Field Technician to inspect and report stormwater compliance on site for a construction projects. This position will coordinate with owners, contractors, and permitting authorities.
- Perform field and office activities involving storm water monitoring, testing and report writing.
- Field activities will include (but are not limited to)
- Construction site inspections of erosion and sediment controls
- Storm water and non-storm water sampling and testing
- Meet with contractors and clients to discuss findings of field activities
- Site specific solutions for projects
- Office activities to include
- Project tracking and organization of field data
- Project permitting
- Preparation or modification of erosion/sediment control plans,
- Coordination with project teams on pollution prevention methods,
- Researching pollution topics,
- Report writing and uploading information to state and client data bases
- Be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Be able to periodically lift 50 lbs.
- Travel up to 75% of the time throughout Bay Area
Basic Qualifications, Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, other relevant chemistry/biology/hydrology studies, or an equivalent combination of military training and/or field experience and training.
- QSP Certification and 10 Hour OSHA Training preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with strong problem-solving skills a must
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google products (Gmail, Maps, Drive, Earth Pro), Bluebeam, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Basic laboratory handling and sampling skills along with calibration and troubleshooting of various meters and testing equipment.
- Strong ability to deal with complex systems
- Must be able to read and interpret plans
- Knowledge of environmental regulations and Excellent safety record and safety awareness
- All applicants must possess a clean driving record and current license and insurance
- Must have field work experience using power tools and hand tools
Sandis provides an excellent benefits package to its employees, including: medical-dental-vision coverage, 401k plan with generous employer matching contribution, profit sharing, in-house training, and a continuing education program.
Sandis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sandis is Drug Free Workplace. All employees may be subject to Pre-Employment Drug Screens and periodic Background Checks.