Want to instruct sports activities for the members in your community?
Join the Y and get paid to be
active and – of course – have FUN!
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION(S) BELOW!
Central – Mission Valley YMCA | Toby Wells YMCA | Copley-Price Family YMCA
Encinitas – Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA
San Diego – Jackie Robinson Family YMCA
East County – McGrath Family YMCA
Point Loma – Ryan Family YMCA
Y would I apply?
- FREE Complete Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- Work with Your Friends - Text them the link to this page now!
- Build Your Resume
- Opportunities for Growth
- Community Involvement
- PART TIME Perks
- FREE Family Membership
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Plan, lead and supervise assigned youth and adult sport practices, clinics, and games
- Prepare sports fields and courts for use including equipment set up and breakdown
- Maintain all sports equipment used by the sports department
- Maintain a safe enviornment ensuring playing areas are suitable for game play
- Ensure a safe program operation for all participants
- Provide continual instruction and supervision of group and serve as a leader
- Serve as score keeper for assigned games
- Attend and actively participate in assigned staff meetings
- Maintain a positive relationship with staff, participants, volunteer coaches, and parents
- Track attendance of participants in games, clinics, and practices and maintain records
- Follow YMCA standards, procedures, guidelines, objectives and goals
- Demonstrate enthusiasm in all phases of work with participants
- Ensure effective communication with parents, colleagues, volunteers, and participants
- Instill, teach and model YMCA values at all times
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
- Must be 18 years or older
- Experience in organized youth and adult sports
- Physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform job related tasks
- Must have visual, physical and auditory ability to act swiftly in emergency situations
- CPR and First Aid Certification within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organizations:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute