Are you a patient, thoughtful and supportive leader?
Are you passionate about working with our San Diego youth?
Are you 18 or older?
Join us at the Y – as an Inclusion Leader!
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION(S) BELOW!
Central San Diego Expanded Learning Programs (Mid/Metro San Diego | Mission Valley | Point Loma | Ocean Beach | Pacific Beach | La Jolla | Southeast San Diego
Y would I apply?
- FREE Complete Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- Work with Your Friends - Text them the link to this page now!
- Build Your Resume
- Opportunities for Growth
- Community Involvement
- PART TIME Perks
- FREE Family Membership
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Help facilitate inclusion of participant into typical program day
- Work individually with a participant with special needs
- Ensure safety and well-being of participants
- Provide physical and personal care hygiene
- Provide continual supervision and comfort to participants and serve as a leader and positive role model
- Provide resources and effective strategies that support the participant to other staff
- Facilitate activities, academic enrichment, games, crafts and other program activities
- Create an age appropriate learning environment, which allows for and fosters creativity and individuality
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
- Must be 18 or older
- High School Diploma or GED
- Education may vary per the department or program of hire:
- Completion of 48 college units, or passed CAPE/ Instructional Aide proficiency exam, or 12 units in Child Development or related field
- “Related Fields” can include: Arts, Early Childhood Education, Education, Humanities, Physical Education, Psychology, Recreation, Sociology, and Theater
- 1 – 2 years of advanced experience working with participants with special needs/social-emotional/behavior support needs ages 0-21
- Experience in behavior modification strategies and reinforcement systems are desirable
- The physical ability work with participants who require diapering and/or lifting services
- CPR/AED, and First Aid Certification, must include Adult and Child/Infant, obtained within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organizations:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute
- Fingerprint clearance from DOJ/FBI required prior to working; additional CACI clearance depending on the department of hire