Looking to continue your career in Early Childhood Education?
Do you have experience supervising a team and leading by example?
Y wait any longer?
Take your next step with us!
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION(S) BELOW!
Toby Wells Family YMCA
Y would I apply?
- FREE Complete Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- Build Your Resume
- Professional Growth
- Community Involvement
- FULL TIME - Looking for Benefits? We’ve got you covered:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- PTO (Sick time, vacation days, personal days and holidays)
- Retirement Contributions
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Assist with the day-to-day administration and leadership of the site and ensure Association policies and procedures are being followed
- Facilitate and lead daily group activities with youth in accordance with the daily and monthly planning
- Actively supervise program participants, ensuring their guidance and safety at all times
- Communicate in a timely, positive and professional manner with all participants, families, school and district personnel, and community partners
- Collaborate with school personnel and program partners to align high quality academic activities and coordinate student services
“I can do this!” What are the requirements?
- Must be 21 or older
- High School Diploma or GED
- One or more of the following:
- Completion, with passing grades, of 15 semester units in Child Development (CD) or related field including: 3 units in CD/ECE or related field, 3 units in child growth and development, 3 units in child, family and community, 3 units in program/curriculum and 3 units in Administration of Child Care Programs. AA or BA in Child Development is highly desirable
- “Related fields” can include: Arts, Early Childhood Education, Education, Humanities, Physical Education, Psychology, Recreation, Sociology, and Theater)
- ! Completion, with passing grades, of the 12 units with 3 more units of current enrollment in Administration of Child Care Programs will be considered
- AA or higher degree in CD or ECE
- Child Development Site Supervisor Permit or higher
- Minimum of 1-4 years working in a child and youth development, education, or comparable setting such as the following:
- 1 year with a BA/BS Degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education
- 1 year with a Child Development Site Supervisor Permit.
- 2 years with an AA Degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education
- 4 years, otherwise
- CPR/AED, and First Aid Certification, must include Adult and Child/Infant, obtained within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organizations:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute