Do you enjoy working with kids?
Do you have any background in fitness
(gymnastics, tumbling, cheer, athletics, sports, dance, martial arts or related field)?
If you are energetic, have experience with kids and you are motivated to learn - Come apply to the Y!
You can choose which location below you would prefer to work:
Kearny Mesa – Toby Wells YMCA (Boys Team Coach)
Y would I apply?
- FREE Complete Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- Work with Your Friends - Text them the link to this page now!
- Build Your Resume
- Opportunities for Growth
- Community Involvement
- PART TIME Perks
- FREE Family Membership
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Prepare and train boys and girls with gymnastic skills and equipment
- Supervise and instruct participants on proper use of equipment
- Maintain a safe environment at all times
- Understand and enforce safety regulations
- Keep equipment in good condition
- Stay informed about the program specifics such as session dates, prices, classes, days, and times
- Work with the program director to ensure all participants are registered and in the correct class
- Maintain accurate records of class attendance
- Distribute certificates of achievement and program evaluations to class participants
- Show enthusiasm, leadership, fairness, and fun through coaching style
- Communicate with parents regarding program evaluations and participant progress
- Attend training events and instructor clinics when made available
- Encourage positive social skills and appropriate behavior
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
- Must be 18 or older
- Must have 2 years of experience instructing gymnastics
- Ability to spot school-age children in basic skills
- Knowledge of boys’ and girls’ gymnastics equipment
- Familiar with USA Gymnastics progressive levels
- The physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate policies and procedures
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation
- CPR/AED, both Adult & Infant/Child, and First Aid Certification within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organizations:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute