Does leading a department in Expanded Learning Programs while supporting youth development, healthy living and social responsibility interest you?
At the Y, it’s more than a job – it’s bettering our community.
Ready to join us?
Y our non-profit organization?
- Complimentary Y Membership for the entire family
- Opportunities for Professional Growth
- Community Involvement & Development
- Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- PTO (Sick time, vacation days, personal days and holidays)
- Retirement Contributions
- Discounts on Family Programs
What does this role entail?
- Manage all functions of the Expanded Learnining Programs department
- Develop and manage department budgets
- Recruit and manage volunteers in YMCA Annual Campaign
- Expand the number of participants and volunteers in existing programs
- Work closely with the branch management in developing strategies for expanding health and wellness programs
- Develop program marketing tools (flyers, brochures, etc.) in conjunction with branch program managers
- Conduct special community events to bring people into the YMCA
- Initiate contact with funding sources (grant writing, sponsorships, contributions, etc.) to support growing and expanded activities.
- Participate and partner with service clubs, non-profit organizations and groups in targeted outreach areas.
What do I need to bring do the table?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must have at least two years' experience in Expanded Learning Programs
- Strong ability to create and develop positive and constructive relationships, partnerships, and community relations. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, self-starter with initiative to work independently and with minimum supervision and a passion for reaching out to all levels of society to further the mission and goals of the YMCA.
- Adequate computer skills including the ability to design advertisement pieces, program brochures and proficient in web marketing.
- Must be able to adhere to timetables, meet deadlines and prioritize and be able to work with multiple staff of varying skill/ability levels.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond in critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in the event of an emergency.
- CPR/AED and First Aid, must include both Adult & Infant/Child, certified upon hire and must be from one of the following:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute