Looking for a fun job to build your leadership skills?
Are you passionate about working with youths in outdoor settings?
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION BELOW!
Camp Surf Program Details:
Come join Camp Surf team for meaningful work, lifetime friendships and amazing memories on the beach!
Part-Time March 15th - June 5th
Full-Time March 15th - December 1st
Y would I apply?
· Outdoor Work Environment!
· Housing & Food Included
· Work with Your Friends - Text them the link to this page now!
· Gain Experience working with Children & the Community
· Build Your Resume
· Opportunities for Growth & Year Round Employment
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
· Teach Outdoor Education and/or recreation programming
· Lead activities including (but not limited to) archery, field games, and the climbing tower with good teaching and leadership skills
· Employ good teaching and leadership techniques in providing quality instruction
· Take full responsibility for the program areas of camp or assigned activity, including developing rules and procedures, ensuring adequate program supplies and maintaining or improving equipment and facilities
· Follow all rules, operating procedures, and instructions, carry and use properly the necessary equipment during activities, know and follow established emergency procedures
· Ensure the safety and supervision of students and participants
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
· Must be at least 18 years of age or older and have obtained high school diploma or GED
· Bachelor's degree in education, recreation, related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
· Experience working with youth in Outdoor Education, Resident Camp, Day Camp or like setting preferred
· Certification or experience in the following preferred: climbing, camping, archery, hiking, biking, surfing, swimming, sailing kayaking and scuba diving
· Physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills including: standing, hiking and/or climbing for extended periods of time
· Must be able to live on-site during program season
· Current certification in First Aid and CPR- must be from one of the following:
o American Red Cross
o American Heart Association
o American Safety & Health Institute
The YMCA of San Diego County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer