Looking for a fun job to build your leadership skills?
Would you be a positive, enthusiastic role model to campers?
Are you 18 or older?
Join us as a Camp Unit Leader!
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATIONS BELOW!
Cameron Family YMCA - Santee
Copley-Price Family YMCA - City Heights
Dan McKinney Family YMCA - La Jolla
Jackie Robinson Family YMCA - National City
Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA - Encinitas
Joe & Mary Mottino Family YMCA - Oceanside
Y would I apply?
- FREE Complete Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- Work with Your Friends - Text them the link to this page now!
- Build Your Resume
- Opportunities for Growth
- Community Involvement
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Contribute to planning and implementation of the daily program in accordance with YMCA policies, and ACA standards under the direct supervision of the Camp Director
- Plan and implement lesson plans in areas of outdoor education, arts & crafts, cooking, sports or recreational games, drama, singing, team building and science
- Create an age-appropriate learning environment, which allows for and fosters creativity and individuality in the campers
- Provide constant supervision of assigned campers at all times
- Establish and maintain effective communication with staff and parents
- Coordinate activity schedule, field trips and supplies for camp
- Overall management and supervision of a camp unit, staff and campus
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
- Must be 18 or older
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have 2 years of experience working with youth in a Day Camp or like setting
- Staff supervision experience preferred
- Sincere interest in and ability to work with groups of campers ages 5-16, as well as parents and staff of diverse ethnic populations
- Ability to lead campers in at least 4 of the following areas: recreational games, drama, crafts, outdoor education, songs, sports, aquatics, team building or science
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- CPR/AED and First Aid, must include both Adult & Child/Infant, certified within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organizations:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute