Does growing your expertise in Human Resources while supporting youth development, healthy living and social responsibility interest you?
At the Y, it’s more than a job – it’s bettering our community.
Ready to join us?
*Supporting Multiple Branches
Y our non-profit organization?
- Complimentary Y Membership for the entire family
- Opportunities for Professional Growth
- Community Involvement & Development
- Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- PTO (Sick time, vacation days, personal days and holidays)
- Retirement Contributions
- Discounts on Family Programs
What does this role entail?
- Responds as first point of contact for general employee inquiries and requests; manages and responds to emails received in centralized inboxes
- Answers staff questionsand routes personnel issues, as appropriate and in a timely manner
- Ensures compliance with, and provides information related to YMCA policies, procedures, and practices
- Assists during all stages of the employee life cycle, from applicant tracking, onboarding and facilitation of company exit
- Coordinates and supports high volume onboarding needs, including schedules, compliance training and department activation
- Compiles, organizes, reports, and tracks confidential personnel and organizational data
- Acts as a champion of culture and supports company mission, vision, and values
- Supports HR initiatives, such as but not limited to performance reviews, benefits open enrollment, compliance trainings and certification tracking
- Supports YMCA Volunteer processing and paperwork
- Assists in providing training and communication to field personnel
- Performs other duties as assigned
What do I need to bring to the table?
- At least two (2) years’ experience working in Human Resources or certificate in Human Resources and two (2) years administrative experience
- General knowledge of Human Resources practices and policies
- Experience working in a customer focused, high-volume, and fast-paced environment
- Experience working with HRIS and time keeping systems
- Must possess strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to interact with and respond to a varied group of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong administrative, organization, and time-management skills
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision, while being part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (i.e., Microsoft Outlooks, Excel, Word, etc.) and general office equipment
- CPR/AED, and First Aid Certification, must include Adult and Child/Infant, obtained within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organizations:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute