At the Y, it’s more than a job – it’s bettering our community.
Ready to join us?
Y our non-profit organization?
- Complimentary Y Membership for the entire family
- Opportunities for Professional Growth
- Community Involvement & Development
- Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- PTO (Sick time, vacation days, personal days and holidays)
- Retirement Contributions
- Discounts on Family Programs
What does this role entail?
- Administration of health benefit plans, leaves of absences, accommodations, wellness program, and employee communications
- Responsible for management of the systems and technology to support benefit enrollments
- Analyzes benefits policies, laws concerning mandatory insurance coverage, data concerning prevailing practices among similar organizations, and ensures competitive benefits programs
- Audits plan activities to ensure consistency with plan definitions, providing recommendations for compliance when variances are noted
- Educates and mentors HR Team to guide them in their communications with Y employees in relation to the employees benefit plans.
- Manages communication efforts and tools for employees to be well informed of their benefits. Also serves as primary contact for employees related to more complex benefit issues and handles the administration of FMLA and Disability issues.
- Responsible for implementation of annual open enrollment
- Responsible for conducting benefits orientation on a monthly basis
- Research and analyze benefit discrepancies
- Provide benefits processing recommendations based on compliance with State & Federal Laws and YMCA policies and procedures
What do I need to bring to the table?
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field required
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Human Resources or Benefits
- Extensive knowledge of the benefits function, processes, and data analysis
- Working knowledge of Human Resources related laws and procedures
- Expert HRIS systems, MS Office products
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadliness simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have visual, physical, and auditory ability to act swiftly in emergency situations
- CPR/AED, and First Aid Certification, must include Adult and Child/Infant, obtained within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organizations:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute