Does growing your expertise in Preschool while supporting youth development, healthy living and social responsibility interest you?
At the Y, it’s more than a job – it’s bettering our community.
Ready to join us?
Magdalena Ecke YMCA
Y our non-profit organization?
- Complimentary Y Membership for the entire family
- Opportunities for Professional Growth
- Community Involvement & Development
- Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- PTO (Sick time, vacation days, personal days and holidays)
- Retirement Contributions
- Discounts on Family Programs
What does this role entail?
- Oversee daily operations of the on-site and off-site preschool programs
- Attend Individual Education Plan meetings when needed
- Participate in Staff Meetings and Professional Development Trainings
- Attend Parent Advisory Committee when necessary
- Supervise both full time and part time staff, providing support to teachers in their classrooms as needed
- Assist in the Quality Preschool Initiative Grant
- Update Child and Staff licensing files to remain in compliance with licensing requirements
- Coordinate and implement school wide events and celebrations under the director of the Preschool Director
- Quarterly review on Ages and Stages Questionaires, Desired Results Developmental Profiles, and any other assessment/observation in the Preschool
- Communicate effectively with staff, volunteers and participants
- Follow and maintain standards, guidelines, objectives and goals of the Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA.
- Maintain a professional manner with staff and the community.
- Participate as a team player to ensure that the YMCA image and mission statement are upheld.
- Ability to work effectively with others in alignment with the YMCA 4 core values
What do I need to bring do the table?
- Two to three years of experience with childcare programs, and experience working directly with children in an organized childcare setting
- One or more of the following:
- Completion, with passing grades, of 15 semester units in Child Development (CD): 3 units in CD/ECE or related field, 3 units in child growth and development, 3 units in child, family and community, 3 units in program/curriculum, 3 units in infant/toddler and 3 units in Administration of Child Care Programs. AA or BA in Child Development is highly desirable
- AA or higher degree in CD or ECE
- Child Development Site Supervisor Permit or higher
- Working knowledge of child development
- Proficient in all MS Office programs
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
- This position requires the ability to sit, stand and in-put on a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- Must have visual, physical, and auditory ability to act swiftly in emergency situations
- Ability to meet and maintain California State Childcare Licensing requirements
- CPR and First Aid Certification within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organizations:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute