QA/QC LEVEL II INSPECTOR
At DCM, we deliver integrated industrial and commercial construction, maintenance, and turnaround services. With a tremendous depth of knowledge, extensive experience and demonstrated success in many markets across Canada and internationally, we build lasting partnerships with clients.
Our mission is to be an industry leader by creating a family of talented individuals in a culture of innovation, safety, quality, efficiency, and fun. We are proud to work with talented and qualified employees who bring a variety of skills to our group, as these skills contribute directly to the growth and success of our business.
The Quality Control Supervisor is a member of the project management team and takes the lead role in managing the project’s quality control. This person will provide primary technical support to all team members and specific craft management by developing, Inspection & Test Plans, selecting and reviewing welding procedures, implementing ASME Quality Manual and ISO QMS, researching all technical questions, and providing prompt responses to those questions, preforming inspections and verifying results.
Minimum high school diploma plus a current CSA W-178.2 Level II welding inspection
certification with 5-8 years experience performing quality control inspections in an
industrial construction environment is required. API 570, IBPV In-service Inspection
certification is recommended for the supervision of ASME Code work. The Quality
Control Supervisor must have knowledge of the various construction disciplines
and their procedures. Working knowledge of CSA & ASME Codes and The Alberta
Safety Codes Act and Regulations & ABSA Pressure Equipment Safety Legalisation
Course (PESL) is required for this position.
This individual must be a self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work together
with project team members and with minimal supervision. The Quality Control
Supervisor must have the ability to learn quickly and understand various processes,
DCM’s policies, procedures, and software programs. This position also requires the
individual to identify and resolve quality-related issues that may arise The Quality Control
Supervisor Level II must possess excellent organizational, administrative,
communication, and interpersonal skills. Attention to detail is necessary.
• Work with the Quality Manager to improve the overall QMS and support the
monitoring and measuring of the quality program.
• Develop a thorough knowledge of project scope, schedule, contract plans and
• Visual Inspections and verify results.
• Read and understand drawings, plans, and specifications.
• Manage and ensure implementation and effectiveness of the Project Quality Plan
through periodic reviews, document findings on surveillance reports, NCR’s and
take corrective action to address shortcomings.
• Oversee the implementation and sign off of the project ITP’s ensuring all
inspection points are adhered to.
• Plan and perform and document field inspections and tests, coordinate with the
construction schedule, ensuring craft supervision does the same.
• Ensure that tests are performed, received, and interpreted, and documented in a
timely manner in order to reduce the potential impacts due to failure.
• Organize and maintain project QC files.
• Ensure the Table of Contents for the Turnover Package(s) has been submitted
and approved by the Client in accordance with the contract documents.
• Oversee the development and implementation of the Turnover Package.
The procedure, and audit of the preparation and assembly of the turnover packages to
• Coordinate system turnover activities with start-up and commissioning teams (if
• Review and approve all third party test results for compliance with project
requirements and other legislative requirements.
• Read and understand the latest edition of DCM’s ASME Quality Control Manual
and manage all QC Inspector’s work in accordance with this manual.
• Liaise with the Client’s Inspector
• Liaise with third-party testing organizations and ABSA Authorized Inspector.
• Assist in the interpretation of construction Codes and Standards.
• Full time, Temporary
• Various opportunities – Camp Work Available on a 7&7 (Shift Cycle is subject to change during turnaround)
• Local (Edmonton) work available
• Flights from Calgary or Edmonton; If needed