We are currently looking for a Financial Analyst – Planning and Analytics to join a large financial client in downtown Montreal. This is a contractual based position of 12 months with attractive compensation and high possibility of extension.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com.
- Expenses Management
- Evaluate financial data gathered from multiple source systems, reconciling differences to ensure consistent expense data interpretation and measurement
- Serve as primary Finance administrator cost center hierarchy
- Perform weekly GL expense review to identify expenses discrepancies
- Assist Month end close process with accruals posting
- Process invoice payments and vendor expenses
- Headcount tracking and input into local finance systems
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Manage and distribute monthly headcount and expense reports to keep management informed of latest financial trends with budget, forecast and prior year
- Distribute recruitment report and reconciliation with Corporate Finance and HR
- Distribute travel expense dashboards to keep management informed
- Perform variance analysis to provide further research for recommendations
- Review/Revise/Amend SLA with different entities
- Provide clear financial views among different entities
- Client Reporting vs CIB Reporting
- Develop analytical frameworks to design and measure new initiatives
- Forecast Modeling and Business Planning
- Build linkage with financial models upon business change / drivers / initiative to quantify various scenarios.
- Focus on appropriate areas of revenue, cost management and overall company long term growth initiatives
- Ensure the integration of the budgeting and planning data with the general ledger for monthly reporting of actual vs budget
- Prepare budgets and input into local finance systems
- Analysis of expense drivers to propose new allocation methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- 4 years of experience in the Financial Service Industry
- Proficient skills in Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient skills with Essbase
- An intense desire to understand exactly what is driving the underlying business
- Ability to set and keep deadlines at a fast pace without losing accuracy
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and independently address new analytical requests to understand the core issue
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
ExperTech is a leading staffing and recruiting company, based in Montreal, QC and operating throughout Canada and the US. ExperTech recruits and delivers high-quality candidates for both permanent and contract/temporary assignments.
ExperTech would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the opportunity, however, only selected candidates will be contacted.