Front Desk Supervisor
Welcome to Oak Island Resort & Conference Centre - Atlantic Canada's first resort and convention centre facility. Far away from the everyday, but only 45 minutes from Halifax!
Our team is looking for a Front Desk Supervisor to supervise, lead, empower, and coach the Guest Services Team. This person will ensure all operational and service standards and procedures are adhered to, in order to maximize guest service, revenue, efficiency, and employee morale. This is a full-time position.
“Through the strengths of our crew, we provide authentic service,
deliver unique four ‘SEA’son experiences and create treasured memories.”
- Perform active role of Front Desk Agent as required
- Lead by example and support the team in providing excellent guest service
- Provide effective day to day communication and shift briefings with Guest Services Team
- Ensure that all department programs, service standards, policies and procedures are followed consistently and accurately, according to Oak Island Resort standards
- Act as Manager on Duty when required
- Provide employees with on-going support, coaching and feedback
- Empower staff to make decisions to exceed guests’ expectations
- Provide new employee training
- Assist with achieving quarterly objectives and up-sell targets
- Address all guest related concerns in a professional and courteous manner
- Complete and follow up on all reports required
- Work with employees to maximize revenue
- Payroll submission as required
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Post secondary education in a recognized Tourism / Hospitality program (or equivalent experience) is an asset
- Two years in a supervisory / lead role an asset
- Previous Manager On Duty Experience an asset
- Strong leadership skills
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to motivate and positively influence others
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Oak Island Resort is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal people, visible minority groups, persons with disabilities and women in occupations and positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.