It’s an exciting time at Innotech-Execaire Aviation Group. For more than 50 years, we have provided a full range of services for business and commercial aviation customers. Today, we are transforming and growing to meet the demand of OEMs, business aviation customers and airlines. We are a premier Canadian aviation company with an international presence!
If you’re looking for an opportunity to join and grow with a dynamic company, you will thrive at Innotech-Execaire Aviation Group!
The lead hand will be responsible for undertaking grooming duties in addition to overseeing and controlling the grooming activities of all aircrafts and leading a team of groomers.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures;
- Evaluate grooming program that meets needs of clients;
- Communicate with Dispatch/Operations upon arrival of aircraft, review aircraft status and advise management of any potential downtime that impacts schedule;
- Authorize labour support and review and code all vendor invoices related to grooming supplies;
- Review work order activities and advise Maintenance Manager and Accounting accordingly;
- Review status of cosmetic maintenance items and establish plan for approval by Maintenance Manager and QC Manager;
- Prepare /communicate schedule to groomers as required;
- Clean exterior and interior of aircraft upon arrival in timely order;
- Deep clean carpets when required;
- Clean bright work when required;
- Identify cleaning products required to complete grooming activities and maintain company equipment;
- Participate with scheduling of heavy maintenance grooming activities;
- Order cleaning products required to complete grooming activities;
- Assign/perform daily inspections and pre/post flight activities;
- Prepare and communicate the schedule to grooming team;
- Review and monitor grooming checklist and groomers’ performance (assess quality, timeliness) and feed back to Maintenance Manager;
- Accomplish any other assigned duties.
- Minimum 1-2 year's experience in a similar role;
- High School Education completed;
- Clean Driver license Class 3 & maintained throughout employment and ownership of own car;
- Must pass Transport Canada Security clearance and requirements (MOT);
- Experience of grooming, cleaning or car detailing;
- Experience of grooming in aviation industry;
- Experience of leading a team;
- Must have or be prepared to obtain D pass for driving on airport apron;
- Be prepared and available to work irregular shifts;
- Ability to lift heavy equipment;
- Willing to work in difficult weather conditions (summer and winter);
- Willingness to work on ladders and at heights;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.