IMP Solutions, a division of IMP Group Limited, provides IT and business consulting services, and IT products to clients across Canada. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia for over fifty years, IMP Group continues to stand for diversity and strength. IMP Group has gained a very strong reputation nationally, being named one of the 50 Best Managed Companies . We are also proud to be one of Nova Scotia's Top Employers and one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers
Our passion is working with organizations to provide innovative and cost-effective business solutions. Our consultants offer outstanding technical capabilities, solid business experience, and a commitment to customer-centered methodologies.
We are expanding our Professional Services team and are actively recruiting a Business Analyst to work on client projects focused in Nova Scotia. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering business consulting services to our clients and helping to expand our services operations in Atlantic Canada
Reporting to the Director of Professional Services, this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a talented and growing consulting team that is committed to providing service excellence to its customers, backed by a longstanding Atlantic Canadian based organization.
Job Responsibilities :
- Work closely with client business representatives and experts to develop an understanding of, and document business requirements and business processes.
- Establish the business goals, objectives and priorities (applicable to the Senior Business Analyst role).
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and workflow analysis.
- Lead senior management and subject matter experts through workshops and individual meetings.
- Define business process and workflow models and guide our clients through business process transformations.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into details.
- Identify issues and propose resolutions, escalating to appropriate personnel as needed.
- Assist with the development and delivery of training materials.
- Plan and execute functional testing; support end-user acceptance testing.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Organizational Change Management plans.
- Understand Change Management practices and experience in applying within a project environment would be considered an asset.
- 5+ years (8+ years for the Senior position) experience as a business analyst, capturing business needs and requirements for business initiatives, large software development or implementation projects, or systems integration based projects.
- Experience with business modeling techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of human-centered design principles.
- Comfortable facilitating clients through workshops and requirements gathering sessions involving senior-level to junior-level staff.
- Mentor junior BA resources (applicable to the Senior Business Analyst role).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or similar post-secondary education is preferred.
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven communication, listening, and team building skills.
- Demonstrated team skills and experience working in a team environment.
- Self-directed and possess strong decision-making skills.
- Risk management; identify issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Conflict resolution; negotiation skills; consensus building.
- Focused on delivering quality services to customers; client-focused.
- Previous consulting experience desired.
- Public sector experience would be an asset.
- CBAP certification would be an asset.
- Canadian Government security clearance would be beneficial.
If you are interested in joining our winning team and have what it takes to be successful in a dynamic industry, then submit your resume in confidence along with cover letter, professional/supervisory references and salary requirements.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line
Last date to apply: 22nd January 2021
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.