The incumbent is directly responsible to a Control Centre Supervisor who will supervise their day to day activity.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintain paper & computer based Aircraft Logs/Records/Customer Reporting Systems in accordance with the appropriate orders/instructions/procedures.
- Receive and safeguard aircraft logs on induction of aircraft.
- Review aircraft logs for completeness, accuracy and initiate required action(s) on such items as time expired equipment, modifications, special inspections and other instructions.
- Collect data, produce, complete and maintain all necessary reports and documentation.
- Assist company personnel and customer representative with areas related to aircraft logs.
- Assist in the preparation of procedures and directives related to the functions of the Log Control Section.
- Initiate documentation and co-ordinate with appropriate outside agencies for the processing of oil samples, hydraulic samples, etc.
- Liaise with Customer Log Control Section on matters related to aircraft logs/records.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of aircraft logs for return to customer.
- Generate and release IMP message responses related to log control functions as directed.
- Assist and provide OJT to other members of the Aircraft Log Controller classification.
- Attend upgrading training for trade or personal development.
- Carry out filing, record keeping and detailed log entries.
- Perform other tasks as required within the classification
- Candidates must be one of the following:
- Ex-military AVN or AVS
- AME M2 or E
- Equivalent civil log control experience as determined by interview and assessment of supporting documentation or successful completion of a recognized aircraft log control course
- The Aircraft Log Controller possesses a detailed knowledge of aircraft logs, records and customer reporting systems (ADAM/AMMIS) and be proficient in carrying out administrative tasks. Working knowledge of TCCA, FAA, DND & USN regulations is an asset. Is capable of working with MS Office Products (Excel, and Outlook, Microsoft office). Is familiar with and complies with all safety regulations, security regulations and Company procedures/orders.
- Minimum of 18 months experience with aviation/aircraft log sets and reporting systems and must possess demonstrated experience in dealing with internal and external customers including providing briefings and presentations.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills, with a clear ability to successfully interface with internal departments and customers. Has the ability to organize, schedule and plan daily activities with minimum supervision. Has the ability to actively participate in group discussion, leading where required.
- Directly responsible to Control Centre Supervisor who will supervise day-to-day activity.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Learn & 8S activities in your area.
- Incumbents must be able to pass and maintain Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) and Transport Canada security clearances.
- The successful applicants will be eligible to meet requirements for the U.S International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR), and Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP).
- Applicants must be able to pass and maintain a Level II (Secret) security clearance with the Department of National Defence.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.