Trilogy® at Monarch Dunes: The Monarch Club
The focal point of the community is the 31,000 square-foot Monarch Club. Complete with one of the region’s most desirable destination restaurants, Adelina’s Bistro, as well as one of the Central Coast’s favorite spa experiences, Sandalwood Spa. In addition, there is a great grab-&-go experience called The Market Place, a weddings venue that is among the most popular in the area, and more.
Where: Just 15 minutes from the beach, Nipomo, California
The Food & Beverage (F&B) Assistant Manager supervises and coordinates activities for the F&B Teams for all outlets. This position reports to the Food & Beverage Manager or Restaurant Manager.
- Communicate the core values and mission of BlueStar Resort & Golf (BSGR) to support the achievement of company goals.
- Ensure a consistent set of superior standards of food service and quality are meeting or exceeding employee and guest expectations.
- Maintain effective communication between all members regarding F&B operations, safety, and employee concerns. Model motivation to inspire all team members.
- Assist the F&B Manager with interviewing, hiring, training and the development of F&B Team members.
- Recognize and celebrate team member’s success and maintain a sense of humor.
- Provide a safe, clean, and enjoyable working environment for the food service staff, assuring peak performance from all team members while meeting or exceeding established standards for guest and employee satisfaction.
- Support goals for measuring sales, revenue, new projects, and business development.
- Adhere to labor standards with relation to labor dollars and covers.
- Assist during all F&B functions (i.e. corporate parties, weddings).
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need for closure.
- Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, and motivate.
- Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core values:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Respect for the Individual
- Competitive Spirit
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Two to three years' leadership experience in related field, with two years supervisory experience preferred.
- Must meet the state’s minimum age requirement for serving alcohol.
- Current Food Handlers Card and TIPS® Certification (Training for Intervention Procedures).
- Ability to understand and implement BSRG dining standards.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Knowledge of restaurant database software a plus.
- Knowledgeable about county regulations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to calculate food costs, menu pricing, discounts, percentages, inventory, labor standards and volume; must understand profit and loss statements and be able to present capital projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent customer service skills in dealing with members, guests, and staff.
- Must have planning, problem-solving, decision-making, delegation, time management, and employee development skills.
- Must possess basic computational ability as well as budgetary analysis.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to respond to the needs and requests of staff members and guests.
- Must demonstrate initiative—ability to think, work, solve practical problems, and make independent decisions, based on sound judgment.
- Must be able to pay attention to multiple details and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
- This position requires a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends, and may require minimal travel.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
This position operates in a professional indoor office environment, as well as other areas throughout the facility, including the kitchen and outdoors. Standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, copy and fax machines are regularly used. Kitchens are housed with equipment, such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer and chef’s knives. While in the kitchen, the employee may be exposed to heat, steam, or fire.
An employee may also be required to work on a patio or for an outdoor event, with exposure to outdoor weather conditions and occasionally native wildlife. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Outdoor environments may require walking on variable terrain while carrying items and navigating typical event obstacles, including, but not limited to, groups of people, table set ups and decorations, plants and the natural landscape.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, speak, and hear, taste and smell, sit, stand and walk for long periods of time, bend, kneel, use hands to fingers, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. Frequent hand washing is required. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The position requires manual dexterity and moving in a fast-paced environment.
BLUESTAR RESORT & GOLF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER