Trilogy® at Vistancia®: Kiva & Mita Clubs
Trilogy at Vistancia is comprised of three feature club experiences, the golf club, the original community centerpiece, Kiva Club, and the recently introduced Mita Club. The golf course, the feature restaurant, V's Taproom, the full-service Alvea Spa, and the events & weddings venue are all available to the public.
Where: Peoria, 40 minutes west of Scottsdale & Northwest of downtown Phoenix, Arizona
The Food & Beverage (F&B) Banquet Captain organizes and directs the daily activities of the banquet staff, and works in partnership with the Catering & Sales Manager and the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager. This position reports to the Banquet Manager or the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager or the Food & Beverage Manager/Director.
- Communicate the core values and mission of BlueStar Resort & Golf (BSRG) to support the achievement of company goals.
- Ensure a consistent set of superior standards of food service and quality are meeting or exceeding employee and guest expectations.
- Collaborate with the Assistant F&B Manager to initiate a meeting with all staff to develop a common vision, discuss current needs, and plan for future F&B functions.
- Supervise banquet staff in accordance with BSRG policies and procedures; act as a coach to train and develop team members within the banquet staff; perform activities of workers as needed.
- Support hiring process as requested.
- Maintain effective communication between the banquet team members regarding banquet operations, safety, and employee concerns. Lead by example and model motivation to inspire all team members.
- Recognize and celebrate team member’s success and maintain a sense of humor.
- Attend events and manage banquet staff; assist Food & Beverage managers.
- Assist in monthly inventories, when applicable.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need for closure.
- Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, and motivate.
- Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core values:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Respect for the Individual
- Competitive Spirit
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One to three years’ related experience preferred.
- ·Must meet the state and federal minimum age requirement for serving alcohol.
- Current Food Handlers Card and TIPS® Certification (Training for Intervention Procedures).
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Ability to understand and implement BSRG dining standards.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to respond to the needs and requests of staff members and guests.
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Must demonstrate initiative and make independent decisions, based on sound judgment.
- Must be able to pay attention to multiple details and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
- This position requires a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends, and may require minimal travel.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
This position typically operates in an indoor restaurant setting, but an employee may also be required to work on a patio or for an outdoor event, with exposure to outdoor weather conditions and occasionally native wildlife. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Outdoor environments may require walking on variable terrain while carrying items and navigating typical event obstacles, including, but not limited to, groups of people, table set ups and decorations, plants and the natural landscape.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, speak, and hear. This position is very active and requires standing and walking for most of a work shift. The position requires the ability to lift, balance and carry, bend, reach, and serve from trays weighing up to 20 pounds. Frequent hand washing is required. The employee must be able to see restaurant menus, take customer orders, review customer bills, and navigate busy work areas. The employee must also speak clearly and understand the speech of another person, sometimes in a noisy atmosphere.
BLUESTAR RESORT & GOLF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER