Position: Full-time, permanent.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Here's what we do and why we do it:
Simply put, we will work together to simplify businesses' IT with cloud technology so they can focus on what really matters, making people’s lives better. Discover how we do that here: www.sherweb.com/about/
Here's how you will contribute to the success of the company:
Our team goal is to ensure that businesspeople are equipped to help their clients work better. You will contribute to this goal by planning and coordinating multiple events at once, in collaboration with a highly qualified team. Your marketing activities will of course be aligned with our global strategy to contribute to the achievement of our corporate objectives.
Here's what your day-to-day will look like in this role:
- Plan, organize and coordinate various types of virtual, hybrid and face-to-face events (conferences, trade shows, roundtables, webinars, training, VIP events, etc.)
- Understand the objectives of all event initiatives and develop a step by step plan that helps to achieve these objectives.
- Manage event projects with the cooperation of all players and within agreed upon timelines.
- Work closely with the product, sales and marketing teams
- Analyze event results and propose recommendations.
- Participate in certain events to ensure smooth running.
- Be the point of contact with external suppliers, business partners, presenters, etc.
Here's what you need to have and master to get the job:
If you have at least half, you have a great chance to receive a call from us.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role, with proven experience in event planning or event coordination in a corporate environment
- University diploma in Business, Marketing, Communications, or any related field
- Advanced knowledge of the Office Suite more especially PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, Adobe Acrobat. Marketo and Asana are a plus value
- You are extremely organized, have sound time-management skills and be able to multitask
- You are a team player who enjoys sharing your knowledge and having a positive influence on the people you work with
- Excellent professional and diplomatic communication skills - written and verbal, in French and English
- Able to effectively communicate relevant project information to peers and vendors
- Inclined to take ownership of a project and follow through to completion
- Responds well under pressure when faced with sudden challenges and can rectify a situation quickly and clearly with a cool, level head
- You are available to travel on occasion.
If you have these skills, you will fit right in with us:
- Communication skills – Why? Because you will be expected to explain and vulgarize concepts by adapting the style and content of your messages to your audience (whether it’s internal client, external clients or your teammates).
- Organization and resourcefulness – Why? Because we don’t believe in micromanagement. You will need to figure out solutions on your own by using your skills, your knowledge and any relevant information you can get your hands on.
- Problem-solving skills – Why? Because when you will face a problem, you will first analyze the information before identifying the possible causes. You will then explore and implement the most efficient and logical solutions.
- Adaptability – Why? Because our industry evolves constantly. You will have to adjust your thinking and methods to better suit new or unplanned situations (whether it’s for your daily tasks or your work environment).
Here's what you can expect from us:
We believe professional success is based on one's ability to build genuine relationships, to showcase her/his talent at every opportunity and to be a lifelong learner. If you share this vision, you will be pleased to find among us highly experienced professionals who will be happy to mentor or coach you. We will invest in your development. We will also provide you with the compensation and the opportunities that will help you make your aspirations a reality. So, if you have a head full of ideas and a soul full of hopes, here the floor is yours.
This is our team philosophy:
Marketing is our art and science. What unites our team is the sense of purpose we get from sharing our knowledge with businesspeople so they can realize their business purpose. That's who we are, not just what we do. If you share this philosophy, you might just be one of us. Send us your resume to tell us your story.
Sherweb is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving an environment of diversity and inclusion where everybody can feel welcome. We're looking to grow our teams with people who share our passion for innovation and creating the best experience for our employees, partners and clients.