Senior Relocation Counselor - Homeowner
SENIOR DOMESTIC RELOCATION CONSULTANT
The Senior Consultant then oversees the relocation, continually advising and updating the transferee throughout the process. The person selected for this role serves as Owner/Manager of the relationship with the Transferee. Typical duties might include home sale and purchase assistance, coordinating authorized relocation services including moving and storage services, home rental assistance, area orientation in the new location, temporary housing, mortgage assistance, inspections, and appraisals. The Home Sale Consultant ensures that the relocation policy itself, and the relocation services provided, are compliant with IRS regulations and the services adhere to the employer’s guidelines. Advocating for the Transferee, you are 100% accountable for the performance of and the service results for each assigned engagement.
The person who is most likely to succeed in this role will have demonstrable experience managing Domestic Relocation Services. Additionally, this candidate will have a background in home sales, closing services, relocation expense reimbursement processing and numerous ancillary services. We need an individual who enjoys helping customers during stressful circumstances, so a deep desire to help them, using your excellent customer service skills, is paramount. Because we work in a very fast-paced, high-volume environment, you need to be highly organized with a keen sense of priorities and time-management. Our Client’s Consultants work in a team environment with associate level relocation specialists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages a caseload of homeowner transferees with home sale (BVO, AVO, GBO, HMA), closing services, expense report reimbursement and ancillary services.)
- Administers client relocation policy to transferees moving within the U.S.
- Coordinates relocation services (shipment of household goods, temporary living, home buying, mortgage, and title)
- Counsels transferees regarding the expense management process (expense reports, lump sum payments, equity payments and tax gross up)
- Identifies and builds relationships with third party service providers, and other internal departments (accounting, appraisers, brokers, van lines, mortgage, and title providers)
- Anticipates needs, provides continuing advice, and follows up with transferees on a regular basis to ensure positive service evaluations, in order to meet key Company deliverables
- Understands and meets services level agreements
- Updates the Company system with relevant information, referral fees, service fees, and notes on each file
Skills, Abilities, Knowledge:
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Attention to detail
- Strong, customer service aptitude
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Four (4) plus years in employee relocation
- Knowledge of selling and buying homes and the home loan process, Real Estate or Title experience preferred.
- Must be familiar with third party relocation and have experience with a third party provider.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and general computer proficiency required.
- Required Experience
Education: Bachelor's degree is preferred however, related experience in Real Estate or Relocation will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Minimum of 4 years domestic home sale counseling experience CRP designation from the Employee Relocation Council®
- US real estate license or two years’ experience in real estate, title or mortgage
- Demonstrated expertise with home sale programs (BVO, AVO, GBO, HMA)
- US appraisal and inspection process experience
If you have the experience and skills outlined above and are interested in this unique work arrangement, please submit your resume to us at www.signature-source.com or send a copy of your resume via email to us (Word format preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education Required: Equivalent Experience
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Relocation Required: No
Travel Required: Negligible