Analyst, Enterprise Risk (ERM) and Sustainability Performance
YVR is a place of connection, bringing together people, places and cargo while ensuring a safe and efficient experience for everyone. As part of the Finance Department, Enterprise Risk and Sustainability Performance is an integral part of effectively setting and reaching our strategic objectives and aligning to our purpose, to serve our community and the economy that supports it.
We have an opportunity for a permanent, full-time Analyst, Enterprise Risk (ERM) and Sustainability Performance in the Finance Department. Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Risk Management and Sustainability, the Analyst will assist in managing the Airport Authority’s ERM and Sustainability Performance Program. The Analyst will be responsible for supporting and implementing the ERM program by promoting a risk aware culture, facilitating risk-based discussions, and identifying and reporting out on strategic risks relevant to current events. The Analyst will be also responsible for facilitating and liaising the development of our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report, ESG audit engagement and drive the integration of new sustainability reporting practices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Facilitate the design and implementation of the ERM risk program by engaging the various departments of the Airport Authority to adopt a risk mindset and support the continuous identification, evaluation and reporting of strategic enterprise risks.
- Conduct and take the lead in risk identification and assessment sessions with all departments of the organization to identify, assess and monitor risks to the strategic plan and participate in regular and ad hoc meetings with all levels of the organization to stay abreast on current events.
- Provide innovative solutions and support program development - processes and procedures, guidelines, tools, templates and training and other support required for managing risk across enterprise.
- Drive the implementation of the Airport Authority’s risk culture throughout the organization by facilitating actions that raise risk awareness; actions can include discussions, workshops, training sessions and the preparation of key material and surveys.
- Facilitate and prepare reporting to Senior and Executive Leadership team and the Board of Directors.
- Facilitate and coordinate the development of the annual ESG Report and other sustainability related reporting frameworks.
- Manage the external ESG assurance engagement, including ensuring all processes to support such assurance are implemented and readily available for the auditing process.
- Strengthen processes and controls over ESG related data. Identify gaps in data processing and internal controls. Recommend improvements.
- Monitor changing conditions of the reporting landscape and ensures the sustainability and ESG reporting program is relevant and refreshed.
- Further develop the sustainability reporting framework by integrating new reporting practices and frameworks.
- Support various sustainability related initiatives and programs.
Key qualifications include:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a combination of a business, risk and sustainability related role, supplemented by an undergraduate degree in commerce, business administration, economics, sustainability, policy administration or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; prior experience managing or participating in cross departmental teams is a key asset Graduate degree would be an asset, but is not required.
- Working knowledge of Sustainability and ESG reporting and frameworks including but not limited to the IFRS Sustainability Disclosure Standards, Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) risk management framework or related risk management standard. A Canadian Risk Management (CRM) designation and/or Sustainability certification would be a benefit.
- Assurance and verification related experience, preferably related to ESG or sustainability audits.
- Ability to think on a macro level – ability to analyze the external environment and build connections to the interconnectivity and impacts on the business; decisions must be made on sound judgment with a wider lens; requirement to be able to gather and link insights across cross-functional departments.
- Conflict resolution - analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a learning and growth mindset.
- Highly developed business writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills, both with internal stakeholders/users and external vendors/consultants.
- Superior in project and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task daily activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong initiative, self-direction and ability to identity gaps and opportunities for improvement; flexible and able to adapt to change in a positive manner – a “can-do” attitude.
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates may be required to participate in an assessment process.
Salary Range : $87,926 to $114,912 per annum, based on 37.5-hour work week. This is individually tailored to reflect your unique experience, qualifications and internal equity.
At YVR, your work experience goes beyond the paycheck. We support your personal and professional development, well-being, and a thriving work culture with generous vacation days, extensive health benefits, retirement savings matching, wellness programs, community engagement, commuting support, and continuous learning opportunities. Learn more at https://careers.yvr.ca/benefits.
Please note that availability may vary based on employment type and is subject to certain eligibility requirements and potential changes by YVR.
Who We Are
YVR is more than just an airport. We connect our beautiful province and all it has to offer to the world. We are all leaders and trailblazers for change and innovation, so no matter the department or team you’re a part of, the work you do matters.
At YVR, we are flexible in everything we do. We will work together to find ways to deliver customer excellence that helps us all thrive.
Whatever your background and wherever you’re from, you belong at YVR. If you have any questions about accessibility or require any assistance applying, please reach out at email@example.com.