Analyst, Enterprise Risk Management and Sustainability Performance
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to Connect BC proudly to the World. Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. With high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness, we’re looking for someone to join our team.
Vancouver Airport Authority strives for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We encourage applicants to self-identify with a designated group(s) to support our team in filling gaps in areas where we can be more diverse. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or email@example.com.
We have an opportunity for a permanent, full-time Analyst, Enterprise Risk (ERM) and Sustainability Performance in the Finance Department. Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Risk Management, the Analyst will assist in managing the Airport Authority’s ERM and Sustainability Performance program. The Analyst will be responsible for meeting with various departments of the Airport Authority to implement the enterprise risk management program by fostering a risk-aware culture, facilitating risk-based discussions, and identifying and reporting out on strategic risks relevant to current events. The Analyst will also be responsible for facilitating and liaising the development of the Annual Sustainability and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report, and collecting and assessing controls around ESG related performance measures for reporting purposes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Facilitate the design and implementation of the ERM risk program by engaging the various departments of the Airport Authority to instil a risk mindset and support the continuous identification, evaluation and reporting of strategic enterprise risks.
- Conduct and take the lead in risk identification and assessment sessions with all departments of the organization to identify, assess and monitor risks to the strategic plan and participate in regular and ad hoc meetings with all levels of the organization to stay abreast on current events.
- Provide innovative solutions and support program development - processes and procedures, guidelines, tools, templates and training and other support required for managing risk across enterprise.
- Drive the implementation of YVRs risk culture throughout the organization by facilitating actions that raise risk awareness; actions can include discussions, workshops, training sessions and the preparation of key material and surveys.
- Facilitate and prepare reporting to senior and executive leadership team and the Board of Directors.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the ERM Risk Register database, Logic Manager, to ensure that all data is accurate, current and relevant.
- Facilitate and coordinate the development of the Annual Report - Accountability Statement (ESG Report), by liaising content between organizational departments or any relevant consultancies relevant to the development the Annual Report.
- Act as a key representative for any external assurance engagements on the Accountability Statement, including ensuring all processes to support such assurance are implemented and readily available for the auditing process.
- Work with internal audit to conduct pre-assurance procedures for assurance over data integrity and internal controls for the data being reported. Identify gaps in data processing and internal controls. Recommend improvements.
- Monitor changing conditions of the reporting landscape and ensures the sustainability and ESG reporting program is relevant and refreshed.
Key qualifications include:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a combination of business/data analysis, project management, meeting management and facilitation, supplemented by an undergraduate degree in commerce, business administration, economics, sustainability, policy administration or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; prior experience managing or participating in cross departmental teams is a key asset; graduate degree would be an asset, but is not required.
- Working knowledge of Sustainability and ESG reporting under Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) risk management framework or related risk management standard. A Canadian Risk Management (CRM) designation and/or Sustainability certification would be a benefit.
- Ability to think on a macro level – ability to analyze the external environment and build connections to the interconnectivity and impacts on the business; decisions must be made on sound judgment with a wider lens; requirement to be able to gather and link insights across cross-functional departments.
- Conflict resolution - analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a learning and growth mindset.
- Highly developed business writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills, both with internal stakeholders/users and external vendors/consultants.
- Superior in project and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task daily activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong initiative, self-direction and ability to identity gaps and opportunities for improvement; flexible and able to adapt to change in a positive manner – a “can-do” attitude.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel; working knowledge of Visio and enterprise risk management software such as Logic Manager is an asset.
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
Health and safety are at the core of how we operate at YVR. We are committed to ensuring a safe workplace for our workforce and protecting the health and safety of our employees, passengers, partners and community by taking reasonable, preventative measures to reduce the risks associated with COVID-19. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a valid exemption is granted for those unable to be vaccinated.
Pay Range: Band 9, with a salary range of $82,485 to $107,801 per annum, based on 37.5 hours per week