Reporting to the Director of Information Technology the IT Security Specialist is responsible for the overall monitoring and maintenance of IT security systems and programs for IMP Aerospace’s IT security, while also developing and implementing programs and systems to manage and mitigate specific risks and threats to the system
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Effectively determine required levels of compliance by establishing which Cyber Security certifications must be met and identify gaps. Ensure security practices are in accordance with the established guidelines and standards.
- Research/Recommend solutions and manage Projects to achieve Compliance
- Research and determine potential current and future threats to IMP Aerospace’s security program and determine appropriate methods and action plans for mitigation.
- Develop and Implement Communications Plan for Cyber Security.
- Interface with IMP Group Corporate IT Department to ensure compliance with corporate policies.
- Monitor and audit internal, external and regulatory compliance.
- Diagnose and resolve internal and external security concerns and respond to relevant internal IT service ticket requests as required.
- Make risk-based decisions to determine resolution and appropriate remedial action.
- Monitor and analyze network traffic, intrusion detection, security events and logs for compromise indicators and mitigate risk to the cyber security throughout IMP Aerospace.
- Conduct cyber-security policy analysis and contribute to the development and/or revisions to current policy and programs, where applicable.
- Develop and document project plans for IT Security projects from inception to implementation. Prototype solutions as part of standard project development to better understand requirements and optimal solutions design. Document test plans and perform the necessary testing
- Implement IT Security solutions, ensuring to minimize impact to users. This may require travel to other IMP facilities and/or work after business hours or on the weekend.
- Work effectively in a team environment by openly sharing information, ideas, or concerns and giving constructive feedback to help ensure the overall success of the IMP Aerospace IT Department
- Build effective working relationships with local and corporate IT support, as well as business line personnel.
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-Secondary computer science degree or diploma, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience in the field of IT Security required.
- CISM, CISA or equivalent qualifications preferred.
- Experience working within an ISO9001/AS9100 Quality Management System environment would be an asset.
- Experience with Security gap analysis and certification processes required.
- Advance knowledge in providing analysis and maintenance, along with implementation of proven security methods.
- Willing to explore innovative approaches when problem solving, seeking ideas or suggestions from others as appropriate.
- Knowledge of security standards such as NIST 800-171, ISO 270001/2, and CMMC.
- Knowledge of ISO and AS9100 environments
- Project Management Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal people, visible minority groups, persons with disabilities and women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application form, cover letter or resume