To manage all aspects of the Technical Publications department. This includes managing the Writing, Editing, Translation, QC, IT and Illustrating staff to ensure departmental effectiveness. Leading business development, RFP responses, and providing technical expertise and guidance on the development of workflows and standards compliance including S1000D, production, and delivery of electronic and paper publications as required. This role will also develop long range vision, planning and execution of initiatives for the department.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage, Support and provide technically guidance to the Technical Publications team of Supervisors, Technical Writers, Editors, IT, Illustrators and Translation by coaching and developing the team.
- Oversee the process of Technical Publications from planning to delivery.
- Oversee Technical Publications standards and quality assurance for publications, including updates.
- Develop the planning and implementation of new programs, services, and projects; monitors progress and evaluates results; recommends changes or other action as appropriate.
- Develop and manage budgets and standards for the department.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects within technical publications specifications and budget restrictions.
- Drive continuous improvement processes for content quality and productivity.
- Maintain liaison with all customers to ensure customers satisfaction and a continual work flow.
- Act as the Companies Subject Matter expert on Technical Publications (including S1000D) on RFP responses as well as organizing, authoring and coordinating proposal preparation as required.
- Coordinate and/or prepare outgoing reports.
- Research and identify sub‑contractors (e.g. publishing software, translation, etc.)
- Prepare yearly workload and operating budgets.
- Continually market capabilities to existing and new customers.
- Minimum five year of technical publications or supervisory/management experience.
- Experience with Desk Top Publishing, Document Management & Content Management systems. Experience with S1000D, ATA, CALs, MIL/STD Specifications, C-01-100-100/AG-006, SGML and/or XML.
- Knowledgeable in the use of two or more of the following software platforms: MS Word, Adobe Framemaker, InDesign, Arbortext Epic Editor, Adobe Acrobat or comparable software for the creation of Technical Publications.
- Knowledge of common Aircraft, Naval or Land mechanical, electrical or electronic systems would be considered an asset but is not required.
- Knowledge of aerospace technical publications processes, strong analytical background, strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Logical thinker & excellent problem solver.
- Preference given to applicants with the capability to work in both official languages.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal people, visible minority groups, persons with disabilities and women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application form, cover letter or resume.