To plan, organize, coordinate and control the technical and personnel aspects associated with aircraft Repair and Overhaul. The incumbent will manage and be responsible for a team of Production personnel with a mandate to conduct aircraft Repair and Overhaul activities; ensuring the production of a quality product, on time, and within the allocated budget. The incumbent will implement and advance company policies and objectives, as well as meet company obligations and responsibilities under the collective agreement, within the IMP quality system and to ensure the safety of people and equipment and facilities.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide leadership, technical guidance and oversight, and management of the assigned workforce (staff or unionized).
- Provide management, input or oversight related to administration activities, daily assignment of duties, use of overtime, completion of annual performance reviews, attendance and vacation schedules, of assigned workforce.
- To ensure effective execution of Production activities, by actively managing resources and re-prioritizing and re-planning of work, to achieve Project milestones and schedule, which is aligned to meet customer requirements.
- Manage team to ensure productivity goals are met; which includes, setting standards, establishing checkpoints and alerts.
- Monitor the overall standard and quality of work and implement prompt corrective action when standards are not being met.
- Understand and adhere to company Standard Plant Procedures, Administrative Directives and Quality Management processes.
- Apply rigorous EVM budget control ensuring that the daily, weekly and monthly application of resource reflects the highest levels of Production productivity.Investigate instances where Production budget goals are not being met and enact corrective action, as required.
- Work closely with the POST department to ensure that departmental resource training requirements are identified and incorporated as part of ongoing training plan.
- Be responsible for the Health & Safety of all employees including conducting regular work space safety rounds and enforcing all company standard safety practices.
- Responsible to produce written correspondence; conduct verbal briefings; foster collaboratively relationships with other departments; lead and / or participate in meetings as a department representative; facilitate and lead product and process improvement initiatives as part of continuous improvement efforts; etc.
- Ensure the readiness of emergency response within the Aircraft Production Department.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent with 15 years’ experience in an aviation environment with a minimum of 5 years spent in a supervisory role.
- 5 – 10 year’s experience working on the C-130 Hercules Aircraft is required.
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft inspection and overhaul processes and familiarity with aircraft production work planning, scheduling, task/job assignment, quality procedures and budgetary control.
- Working knowledge of budgetary process and strong people management skills; experience in a unionized environment is considered an asset.
- Must possess strong planning and organizational skills coupled with the ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to effectively handle stressful situations and thrive in a fast paced, diverse environment.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office tools
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
- Incumbents must be able to pass and maintain Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) and Transport Canada security clearances;
- The successful applicants will be eligible to meet requirements for the U.S. International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR), and Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP);
- Applicant must be able to pass and maintain a Level II (Secret) security clearance with the Department of National Defence
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.